Fixing a mod of the Debug Hug
#11 20-07-2013 
No that's okay, thank you so much for testing this out for me. I thought the bug had to be active in game for it to package with a lot from what was said on Dolphin's thread. The fact it's still there doesn't make any sense. I'll wait on your second test, but I don't see why your newly spawned game would have that debug hug. I'm not sure what to do about all of my lots now. Take most of them down? I'm trying to think just when I put that extended family mod in. Could you test the retirement home? I figure at some point going backwards my lots will stop having this trouble. I think i want to cry. I guess I'll never be able to upload another lot. Sad

#12 20-07-2013 
(20-07-2013 08:25 AM)joandsarah Wrote:  No that's okay, thank you so much for testing this out for me. I thought the bug had to be active in game for it to package with a lot from what was said on Dolphin's thread. The fact it's still there doesn't make any sense. I'll wait on your second test, but I don't see why your newly spawned game would have that debug hug. I'm not sure what to do about all of my lots now. Take most of them down? I'm trying to think just when I put that extended family mod in. Could you test the retirement home? I figure at some point going backwards my lots will stop having this trouble. I think i want to cry. I guess I'll never be able to upload another lot. Sad

OMG jo. Please do not be sad - do you use clean installer? Can you see the "bug" using that?

We will try and help Heart

#13 20-07-2013 
Jo, I have a brand new AnyGame set up that I'm not afraid to bork, so I too would be happy to help with any testing. (And I always use Clean Installer, so I can check it with that to see if anything shows up.) Just tell me what you need. I can check the retirement home if you want?

#14 20-07-2013 
I know that a newly spawned game shouldn't have it, and I certainly wouldnt want that to be so. But last night I felt so bad giving the news that I did. Sad

Nix, I always use clean installer myself, and with it being a CC -free lot, it was easy to tell it wasn't showing. It's so weird, I know.

The order I did things:

1. Spawned a new game. which for those who don't know what that is, it's renaming my Sims 2 folder (I did Sims2Main), so when I load up the game, a new Sims 2 folder loads up, a brand new game. I always do this when testing my own lots, to see what CC shows up, what meshes are needed, what needs to be cleaned out, etc.

2. I put in the lot, placed it in the neighborhood, placed a couple of sims on it and checked..yes, there was the bug.

3. I got out of the game, put in dolphins fix, went back in, and the simmies didnt have it anymore.

This is where I now believe I made my first mistake. I didn't want to package a played lot, and assuming it was gone from my game, I placed the lot out of my bin again, repackaged, spawned another game, and tested..there it was.

It hit me..an unopened lot from the bin..well..it may still have it...considering what I now know what it really is, what the cause is. I feel pretty dumb and bad..so sorry.

I reread this morning Post # 44 from dolphin's thread, and what porkypine did in #80...and I understand what's going on now, and I think I may know now how to fix it. Going to try it now.

#44 http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?...ost1126433

#80 http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?...ost1284643

Edit: Okay..I followed what porkypine did for unoccupied lots, except I couldn't remove the controller from the game in order to fix the lot. Anyways..it's fixed! I am so sorry for not realizing my mistake on testing earlier and causing you to stress even more. I feel horrible about that. Anyways..I repackaged, respawned and tested..and no bug. Smile Here's the no bug version of your lot.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lvczz...no_bug.rar

I would have taken pics to show you how things went but I thought I hadn't done yet what I needed to do to get printscreen to work on my new windows 7 pc...I just checked..i had. *rolls eyes*. I will be happy to test your other lots and fix those that need it done later today...unless anyone does any before me. Taking the kids to the county fair right now. Smile

#15 20-07-2013 
Oh thank you so much Dominie and NixNivis this means a whole lot to me.

Dominie, you couldn't remove the controller from your game? I'm a bit confused. Is the controller my buggy lot?

So what exactly do I have to do to clean each lot? What porkpine did? It still makes no sense as I have 3 mods in place that are supposed to kill the thing. (Dolphin's Control this sim, deadly neck bite and Boiling Oil's No sim loaded) I'm thinking I added the buggy mod sometime last year and at some point I pulled my download folder. I know I did when I was building my Lego house as I found I had a cc fire place over writing the Maxis one. I pulled it then as that is a cc free lot. For some reason even though I have the fixes in that created this Debug again. Not that I ever saw it, I guess the fixes nuked it so I didn't see it but somehow it still went in my lots. That's the only half sensible explanation I can try and come up with because the whole thing makes no sense to me at all.

Dominie and NixNivis, If you don't mind could you test each lot going backwards? If I'm right about it being created when I pulled my folder to find the fireplace it will go back to the Lego house. I posted about this on my Live Journal and a couple of people there say they haven't seen the Hug, but maybe that's because they also have one of these mod fixes in place. A lot of people use No sim loaded.

Print screen on Windows 7 is something I know how to fix. Smile Right click on your desktop and change to classic view. Looks horrid but it will allow you to use the print screen button.
Have fun at the fair. Smile

Leefish, these are cc free lots although I will asume my lots with cc have it too. because this Hug is a Maxis made thing it doesn't show in CI. It seems as slippery as an eel, and kind of like an unwelcome in-law coming to stay at your house. O_o

#16 21-07-2013 
You're welcome Jo, I am happy to help.

The controller is dolphins mod.

In step 5 of what porkypine did to get rid of the bug, he or she mentions taking out the controller...dolphin's mod. I couldnt do that step..the bug was still there when I did. so I left it in until the final testing. I am happy because I manage to package a bug free, still cc-free, lot that hadn't been played in. You'll notice when you open it from the zip I put up that you need to rename your lot again. It has a few 001's after the name due to the in and out of the house bin.

The whole thing doesn't make alot of sense. IMO I think the mods that are fixes are not always preventatives. Sometimes they may need to be re-put back in. And if one lot in your game gets infected..then all your lots may need to be gone into and then saved to get rid of the issue.

We had a lot of fun at the fair, and now I am too tired to do much other than sit here and test lots, lol. I'll edit in a bit to what I find. Smile

Edit: Jo, I am a bit confuzzled as I was sure I already had a few of your lots I had dled to use once I had my neighborhoods figured out, like the school, the retirement home, and another one. Anyways.. I cant find them. My move from one pc to another, I just cant figure out where I put them. Please PM all your lots you want tested, and in what order..and I will be happy to help. Shouldn't take real long either. Smile

#17 21-07-2013 
I forgot, I had HL hide all my uploads over at MTS so you won't be able to access them. I already had leefish pull my ones from here as well. I can access my MTS downloads so if I download them I can upload them to my box. I have one on LJ that is only on there as I wasn't happy with the roof. I took the download link to that down as well, (yeah I panicked and went around in a whirl of taking stuff down)
I have that one and a few others on box.
Apple Valley Orphanage https://app.box.com/s/26pqvxeorsptsrqbphwd (fairly recent)
For some reason I can't find Rio grande, another new one on my box. Maybe I put it in the wrong folder, I will have a hunt.

Azalea Court https://app.box.com/s/f0hwmdvmpa5lwl6p98ti (older)
maple Creek Shopping Centre https://app.box.com/s/653b905bca9e902a5a3e (older)
Rose Cottage https://app.box.com/s/e6rn3ijss8m6vnennoin (maybe around the time I added in that mod)
Those 3 are on MTS.

There are others there, that I had on my LJ. How many would you like to test?

edit: I found the Rio grande and a reception hall in my requests folder.
reception Hall https://app.box.com/s/bsrg556nflix9ns21mh5
Rio grande https://app.box.com/s/e8hhm4go8ps8q0q8ruzv
Both new.

So if I pull one of the fixes, say the deadly neck bite which was made just as a fix, load my game, save and exit, put it back in and reload a lot it should be gone?

#18 21-07-2013 
Jo - I am a supermod on MTS and shared the links with dominie - we are fixing lots as you type Big Grin

#19 21-07-2013 
Oh lol and here was I uploading them to box. I knew you were a mod over there but I didn't think about that. Thanks. I think i might cry again. if I can do anything for you all just let me know.

There are still some that are just on my LJ.

#20 21-07-2013 
I'm a mod over there, too (albeit a flailing newb mod who mostly runs around in circles), so I can see your lots as well. Smile

I won't be fixing any tonight, though, since it's waaay past my bedtime - but Lee and Dominie, if there are some you haven't already seen to tomorrow that you want me to do, just let me know.

Jo, your lots are awesome and it would be a real loss if you had to take them down, or worse, had to stop making lots altogether. Of course we want to help you out! Heart

Sorry, that is a members only option