Sims4
#11 16-08-2013 
Well, I totally understand re ignoring it after the last few releases from EA, lets hope you don't kill the discussion while ignoring it.

The pictures - yea, one is CAS, the other is a supposed "ingame" render, so as always, the sims do not look the same. I would be most suspicious if they did.

#12 16-08-2013 
So, there's an article now. With info about CAS and Build Mode.

I am phlegmatic. I am phlegmatic. I am phlegmatic.....

PS: Why is all of tumblr so upset that the sims look cartoony? I LIKE cartoony. Cartoony is right for this game.

#13 16-08-2013 
Yes, I read it. I am staring at the build mode remarks with a feeling of doom in my heart.

We are phlegmatic.

#14 16-08-2013 
Yeah. Here's a summary for those who haven't read the article. Must admit I skimmed some parts, but the main points I took away were:

1. Sim behavior will be expanded. They will have lasting emotional states - happiness, sadness, etc. They'll have more natural group behaviour. There will be multitasking, like watch tv and run on treadmill and flirt with guy all the the same time.

2. Create-a-Sim will be different in that you pull on the sim's face/body rather than sliding sliders. Supposedly this makes it easier to customize sims. Sounds really cool to me. Also smarter randomization will somehow pick better outfits or something like that. No word on height sliders.

3. Building. Big changes. You plunk down a house chosen from a catalogue of shapes. Then you can customize the house. Change the size and shape a bit, edit roof shape and stuff like that. Rooms are sort of modular, like you can pick up an entire room and move it to another part of the house. Sounds pretty cool, I think. They're trying to make it easier for the average player to build. Dunno if that will limit the customization possibilities but it sounds like you'll still be able customize things a lot.

#15 16-08-2013 
I would love to read the article but I can't. The text is too small and blurry and I can't find the original link.
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#16 16-08-2013 
Maybe it's the plastic pixar look versus the older pixelated sims look that folks are whinging about? I dunno, at least for me I don't care for the sims 2 to sims 3 image change; I like my sims pixelated. That said, despite the pixar quality, these sims do look better than sims 3.

For me, the key factor is the game content. How much of TS1/2/3 is going to be incorporated into the base game of 4 before the expansion packs start rolling out?

#17 16-08-2013 
I'm definitely buying it, I just don't expect to like it. Sad I hope I do though.

(16-08-2013 05:39 PM)Karen Lorraine Wrote:  I would love to read the article but I can't. The text is too small and blurry and I can't find the original link.

Karen, the link fansee gave is to pictures of the article that are large enough to read. What you need to do is first click on the picture, then right click and select view image for a larger picture. You can get an even larger picture by clicking on the picture a third time. If that still isn't large enough hold down CTRL and use your scroll wheel and you can increase your screen size until you can read them.

#18 16-08-2013 
Yeah sorry Karen, that's the only link I have. I had to click the pic, then right-click and copy the image url and paste that into another tab (remove the number at the start of the image url to get fullsize) and then still had to zoom in on those, but it was readable.

Indeed that's a good question, nanashi. The leap backwards with Sims 3 basegame - losing all the expansion stuff from Sims 2 - was a big turnoff for me. The look of the sims was the biggest turnoff though. It wasn't so much the cartoonyness, but the fact that it was impossible to get their features how I wanted and they looked so different in-game than in CAS. That's crucial for me because I make sims based on real people so they need to look a certain way. Which I realize is not how most people play, but it's how I play so that's what I care about. I was also unable to see them well in the game's poor lighting. None of this was really apparent in the previews before release, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not definitely buying it. I'm gonna wait and see this time. Wait and see pics from Honeywell other people's games, and see what Honeywell others have to say about it. It probably won't run on my current computer anyway TBH, since Sims 3 isn't really playable on it.

#19 16-08-2013 
Yea, I was reading the enormous thread over on MTS - no CASt? They cannot be serious.

Quote:In case anyone is wondering, the translation from the German magazine concerning CAST:

"There will be a catalogue from which you can choose.
So you can pick a kitchen and place it with a simple click.
Changes in a room are causing the furniture to grow intelligently (no idea what this means... for any german-speaking peeps: "dass die Einrichtung intelligent mitwächst"...) or to decline - for example, stoves will be kept and superfluous furniture deleted.
Sadly, there won't be a "Create a style"-mode."

My kitchen is going to be auto designed for me by EA?????

* leefish faints

#20 16-08-2013 
I was just coming to paste the same thing. I think all of these things are so you can play it on your phone -- there's no other explanation, I don't think. I guess that's what they mean by IKEA style catalog, you pick a room that's already furnished and the game plops it down.

Sorry, that is a members only option