Whats Happening in Your Game?
#21 11-09-2013 
It sounds great though, never boring. Smile

#22 11-09-2013 
I don't see community lot skilling a cheat if it's balanced with community lot time. I wouldn't want to send a sim to a community lot gym for 10 hours just to bring him home and then skip 10 hours as that would feel like cheating to me.

Lol with the sharks, she had an opportunity towards a map piece if she could fight one. So silly, who made that idea up? But then while she was looking at real estate he got mauled by a shark without me noticing until I saw the moodlet. O_O Not an actual scratch on him of course.

#23 12-09-2013 
(11-09-2013 05:35 PM)fanseelamb Wrote:  Gosh, community lot skilling is not a big cheat! It's how the game should've been in the first place! That's not cheating at all in my book.

Oh, is that right, fansee? I think that's a matter of opinion, really Tongue
See, while your sims are visiting comm lots, time at home stands still. So if your sims build skills during that time away, they actually build skill in virtually no time at all.
A sim could go to a comm lot at 7 am, spend several hours skilling, go home, and find that it's 7:30 am. Then freshen up, gu to the comm lot for several hours of skilling, and be back by 8 am. Et cetera. Of course that's cheating! That's actually one of the worst forms, in my opinion.

Now if you have the community Time Project installed, it's an entirely different story...

I'm not saying that you shouldn't play that way, because everyone should make that out for themselves. But don't say it's not cheating, because it really is. Tongue

#24 12-09-2013 
But I think it's just as cheaty to have your sim go to, say, a community gym, spend time working out and build no skill whatsoever. Sure, technically the time didn't pass once they get home. But the time did pass for ME while I was playing. The way the game has it, it's the player that gets cheated. I'd much rather cheat the game with a mod then have the game cheat me! Can always use the "sethour" cheat or another mod to take care of the time issue if you care. Personally I don't really send them to community lots with the goal of cheating for benefits in mind - I just send them someplace fun, and want the gameplay spent there to actually count.

#25 12-09-2013 
If time on the home lot were to continue, so their time on the comm lot was actually SPENT, I would agree with you that it's not fair. But in a game without CTP, the time on a comm lot is EXTRA time. Once they come home, it's as if the time on the comm lot didn't actually happen. Everything they gain in such time, is actually a bonus, and not a birth-right.

And did you consider that working out in a gym *does* build fitness, even if no body skill or enthusiasm is gained? So it's not truly wasted time anyway. And that all the relationships built on comm lots are also carried over! And if the comm lot is owned by the active family, all money that they earn, is ALSO kept! I think sims gain enough, even without comm lot skilling. Too much, even.

However, as I said: it's just a matter of opinion. We can have the luxury of agreeing to disagree over this issue Big Grin We can each play the game however we like, fortunately.

#26 12-09-2013 
Yes OFC I realize all of that, and still feel the way I feel. Indeed it's wonderful that modders have made so many more options possible. Big Grin

#27 12-09-2013 
What I like about community lot skilling is the random neighbors getting points now and then while you're busy doing other things.

#28 12-09-2013 
Yea, I dont use CTP. I happily cheat away with my comm lot skilling Big Grin I probably would use CTP if I didn't have to sit there watching my sim do nothing while I waited for the world to catch up (that is how it works right?) and as I am really a non-skilled simmer-in-charge myself I need every cheat I can find to not totally fail my simmies. Strangely, I dont use money hacks.

#29 12-09-2013 
From what I heard, when your sim returns from a comm lot while CTP is active, is that the returning sim will not show up at all, until the time at which you left the comm lot.

1. if nobody else live at the residential, time will simply be fast-forwarded to the right moment.
2. If others *do* live on the residential, they will go about their business while you wait for the returning sim. I'm not sure if any sims present can be controlled during that time. I feel that you *should* be able to, if they are normally selectable. But I can not say with certainty if it works that way.

#30 12-09-2013 
Right BO. I know I looked into this sometime ago (a couple of years) and as far as I remember, the sims who also live on the lot are not selectable while we wait for the time to catch up. I think it is perfect for single sims though.

Sorry, that is a members only option