Hi everyone!
#11 20-09-2013 
Gosh, so many warm welcomes, thanks everyone!
(19-09-2013 08:23 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I was thinking the same, but I'm still confused where you swam from. Beyond Maas and Rijn there's not much water to cross from anywhere in the Benelux. Big Grin
Lol, I don't mind you asking, I'm a Dutchie Smile Klaartje is (or rather was) the name of my goat. Funny that it causes confusion, I never thought of it as a Belgian name!

#12 20-09-2013 
Goeiesmorgens Klaartje,

Meer landgenoten, altijd leuk Big Grin

I was being silly, thinking you had to come from one of the islands, but that isn't necessarily true… You swam here because this site is ”Fishy” (in a good way) and thus underwater! Gotcha!

You had a goat. So you're most likely not from the Randstad area Smile What happened to her?

#13 20-09-2013 
Goeiemoggel!
Well done on getting my lame attempt at a joke Wink I am from the Randstad area in fact (Haarlem, to be precise), I used to work at a petting zoo and that's where I adopted my goat. She was a very headstrong, annoying goat, escaping all the time so everyone was chasing her half of the day. So eventually what happened to her is what happens to every goat, she went to this "special place where she could play with loads of other goats and make awesome friends but its very well-hidden/far away so you can never visit"! I was very naive at 15, so I actually believed this story for a little while...

#14 20-09-2013 
Oh wow! I've not been there in 18 years, but I was born in Haarlem and have lived there for 36 years! That petting zoo was the Hertenkamp, I presume? I've always loved that spot, in the Haarlemmerhout. My earliest memories of the Hertenkamp go back some 50 years...

I live in Leeuwarden now, but I'm planning to come home soon - only for a day or two - because I wish to revisit Holland's most famous drugstore: drogisterij A.J. van der Pigge. I need some stuff that I'm sure they have, and it's a good excuse to visit the home town for a bit!

Sorry, that is a members only option