Confusion about TS3 and worry about TS4
#11 27-09-2013 
Back to what fansee said - indeed, it is my belief that things we see in the last EP are tests for the next game. I don't see OFB style items being in the base game for TS4. I would like to see a return to "functioning" comm lots out of the box for TS4 and some of the things like gardening (though not Seasons - I don't expect weather in a basegame, EA are a company after all and that EP is always a best seller) and as far as Into The Future is concerned; well, TS4 is the future, I would say look at that EP/last patches for a lot of hints.

As far as digital content is concerned; I worry that the Party thing is in the digital pack. It seems like EA are saying you want a disc? Here it is luddite, no cool stuff for you, but hey if we pull the plug come TS5 you are kinda screwed if you do take the digital. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

I do worry that this difference is an indicator of which way EA are going. Online? Ready to buy? Have some cool features. Offline grumpy sod playing own game? No cool for you. Yea, we dont HAVE to be online, but will probably lose gameplay. That is just low.

#12 27-09-2013 
That would be very low indeed. And totally in keeping with their MO. Still, when I buy something I want a physical copy rather than just a precarious download link. Although I guess a disc could also stop working if it requires some online verification to install and they take down whatever servers it uses, right?

#13 28-09-2013 
"What is up with EA releasing a creepy and weird version of OFB right before it releases TS4? "

Wait, isn't TS4 coming out about a year from now? On the site I only see "2014" but I could swear I read somewhere that it was fall 2014. Anyway, it couldn't be too soon - spokespeople keep saying they haven't made decisions about the neighborhood mechanics yet, and other such basic things.

#14 28-09-2013 
Last I heard it was March 2014. I hope not as I cannot see how it will EVER be ready by then.

#15 28-09-2013 
OMG, IT'S TRUE AND IT WORKS! *cues Handel's Messiah*

Rooms fear me now, I have setquartertileplacement at my disposal--Mwuahahahahahackcough!

Seriously though, thanks for the tips you guys. I can really make great use of this with all my clutter.

#16 28-09-2013 
Great fun, isn't it? Hallelujah! (Am singing Messiah at choir Wink )
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#17 29-09-2013 
I can never remember the full names to cheats and can't imagine trying to build and getting up Word to copy paste in a cheat all the time. I have my user start up file set to floor on and floor off for CF, mon and mof for move objects, dorm on to grab stuff at hotels and community lots, tile on and tile off for the quarter tile and to put things diagonally I don't need to type in a thing I just use my < > keys. I would go mental trying to type in boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation every time!

Sorry, that is a members only option