Colouring a cloned subset with no texture???
#11 04-10-2013 
I'd rather keep my lurk account anonymous so I can use it everywhere, so I don't want to link it to my online identity where I'd most likely post my opinions, my interests, and information about my private life.

#12 05-10-2013 
Quote:Does anyone know how to colour the pix arm drafting lamp 'inside' subset? I've cloned it for a table lamp, and the light is technically working, but the part that I want to shine (the inside subset) doesn't shine even though the light is on and it is driving me crazy. Has anyone cloned this lamp before? I cloned the ilustra table lamp and was able to properly light my lamp using the 'shade' subset, but I don't like the way it lights up as its a general table lamp and not a spotlight desk lamp (which is what my clone is). I tried to clone the other desk lamps, but they all seem to be repositoried to the pix arm drafting lamp, so I'm stuck.

The bit that's not shining?

I had that problem when I was repositoring the Stendhalic lighting. It turned out to be a change in the #STR Material names that was needed.
You'll also need to update the BHAV's to make sure they are pointing to the right #STR
You can see the changes here - Stendhalic Lighting
Look at the repository table lamp - it was the one that had the same problem as yours.

If you want to change the inside colour, without changing the texture - then taking a quote from Sims2Artist where I wrote up a bit on it:

There should be a Wiki explaining the TXMT?

In the past, I've found that just manipulating the 3 coefficients is enough to set it right -

stdMatDiffCoef: n,n,n
stdMatEmissiveCoef: n,n,n
stdMatSpecCoef: n,n,n

where all the n's are a number between 0 and 1.

I believe - although it has been a very long time ago so I could be very wrong - that these coefficients control the Diffusive, Emissive and Specular coefficient.

Mathematics of Lighting
Have a look at this article, because it will make sense from the picture examples in the specific article.

But basically - The emissive coefficient - 0,0,0 leaves the colour of the object as is. You can change the colour by adapting these values from your RGB I've found by dividing your RGB numbers by 255.
An interesting object to look at to see how this works -
Sandy's Ethnic Bedroom - the glass candle holders and the lotus. Neither of them have texture images that come with the recolour, yet you can modify the colour to any colour in the colour wheel by modifying the TXMT.

[Image: ethnicbedroom_pink.jpg]
(Download - its up at SpG but you need to be a member - so I'm attaching it here so you can look at it to see the difference.)

The other two also effect the colour because it adds the highlights and shadows, and the shininess.

Adding texture sub-sets for these is a little more difficult. And if you aren't particularly wanting to put a pattern on it - I'd say don't bother.

P.S. if you need more explanation, because I haven't explained it very well - let me know.

#13 05-10-2013 
Kiri seems to have this all well in hand, but I just wanted to add that if you want to learn more about the TXMT, over at MTS Pixelhate has a five-part tutorial that covers... well, just about everything you ever needed to know. Smile Here.

Sorry, that is a members only option