To take a break from creating, I decided to take a copy of the October Challenge house over at Sims Fans UK, and see what I could do with it that would be completely different to what Karen did. (And her house is awesome).

But I've left myself with a few decorating challenges.

1. Which looks better - the black brick on the foundation, or the white?
2. Does the Grey with White Trim look OK, or is it too out-of-step with the White with Black trim siding.
3. Does the white railing or the Black railing look better?
4. What the halibut do I so with the roof over the verandah at the back.
5. The very top of the Roof doesn't look quite right.
6. The Back Bay window with the 3 windows on the front - does that look too busy? Or is there a more continuous window that I could use?

What do you think?

I also have no idea what I'm going to do with the interior.

And I want to use Mauritania add-on set - because it has the leadlights above the main window. Very victorian Big Grin

Apparently I can't change the pics on this thread... so here are the extra ones!
Extra Pictures - Part One(Click to View)

Screenshots
Victorian House - a Work in Progress Screenshot Victorian House - a Work in Progress Screenshot Victorian House - a Work in Progress Screenshot Victorian House - a Work in Progress Screenshot Victorian House - a Work in Progress Screenshot Victorian House - a Work in Progress Screenshot    
Comments
#2 22-10-2013
here are my opinions Smile

1) i'd go with black
3) either colour looks good to me
4) how about some open lattice work?
5) i would lose the inner fence and paint the roof top a darker colour that matches in with the tile colour better.
6) maybe lose the windows on the diagonal side?

#3 22-10-2013
I prefer the black foundation and black railing. Gives the house more character.

#4 22-10-2013
*waves* my opinion too:

1. the black foundation
2. I think the grey is fine..but not so much with the white railing...
3. love the black railing with this.
5. I'm with Karen

Sorry, that is a members only option