Did'ya hear the one about TSR?
#11 25-10-2013 
Yea, that is how they can say x amount downloads available and the number be huge - each recolor is a separate thread. Tongue

#12 25-10-2013 
LOL I know! That is so silly in regards to stats. However I like that TSR gives you the option for downloading either sets or individual items. A little while back I downloaded towels from TSR for my Fabrikor preview bathroom example, and it was great being able to obtain the mesh and recolours without having to download and sort through the bathroom set and full set recolours. Granted, at that time there were no download delays and the site was faster to navigate through... Dodgy

#13 25-10-2013 
Ah, so that's the catch. Delayed downloads. Well that's a little annoying but I'd rather wait a few seconds for downloads that I really want than not have access to them because they're not free. My adblocker prevents the ads from displaying anyway, so I'm not seeing those while I wait.

#14 26-10-2013 
Unless Thoma$ has stepped down I won't be going over there any time soon. Wouldn't trust them with a barge pole.

#15 26-10-2013 
I'm with you, Jo. But, I'm really glad I can use their stuff 'worry free' now... the stuff I have that somehow made it to my DL folder.
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#16 26-10-2013 
I wanted two things from there (the hairdryer chair that goes with Shananigan's beauty salon and AnoeskaB's more-variety-in paintings set), and I now have both. I admit to snagging a couple other things by those two creators while I was there, but that's it. The mechanism is horrible -- way too slow, too hard to search, and WAY too many ads.

And I may not even be able to use the paintings set. It says it requires Free Time, although I can't think why. Sad

#17 26-10-2013 
Catherine, I noticed my note of pessimistic decent earned me 4 disagrees over on MTS last time I checked lol. It's certainly handy that we can now use items in lots and build contests though, as likewise I have no idea how those items came to be in my download folder >whistles<

Esme, maybe they are using a FT picture as a mesh?

#18 26-10-2013 
Jo - I musta missed the post at MTS... I'll go dig it up and add a few positives for you.
(I know, I should be posting my R4... But, it's soooo beautiful outside today. My netbook, daughter, and I just want to sit outside *sigh*)
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#19 27-10-2013 
I feel the same way about TSR as Captain Kirk does about the Klingons: "Don't believe them! Don't trust them!" They've pulled way too much crap over the years for me to want their stuff anywhere near my Downloads folder, no matter how "free" it is. Dodgy

#20 27-10-2013 
Nix that is exactly how I feel, but put in much better way!

Lol catherine, you know you can only do one agree, right? If you click it again it takes it away.

Sorry, that is a members only option