Is Alfixes really needed anymore?
For example: put all of Pescado's mods in a folder MATY, and all of Inge's mods in a folder Simlogical. That way, Inge's mods load after Pescado's mods.
Then, if the problem still isn't fixed, *maybe* you should indeed get rid of ALfixes.
1. Cellphones can now be answered without being eated.
2. Receiving NL-mail at an apartment now works, no longer renders mailbox
unusable and dooming your sim to eventual eviction.
3. Cooking skill is FUBAR'ed by moving into an apartment.
4. Inactive apartment residents no longer slowly drained of hobby enthusiasm.
5. Pianos no longer ADHD due to function arguments being garbage.
6. Teens able to work on restorable car again.
7. Apartment resident kids not in the active family no longer lose grades
every day and automatically fail school and get taken by the SS.
8. No longer required to greet Gypsy(impossible) or employees<->customers.
9. Should be able to retrieve date rewards dropped outside apartment now.
10. Love Potion no longer restocks as Nice Potion instead.
11. Chance cards at work/school no longer error if you walked.
12. NPC rentpayer hour moved to 1900 so vampire tenants don't suicide at noon.
13. Social Group townies no longer all generate as the same sex.
I could test the teens working on the restorable car as that is something I do some times. Some of it I don't even understand- "Pianos no longer ADHD due to function arguments being garbage." Um what is that even? I would rather find smaller mods that fix things like the restorable car if that is something that needs fixing.
Do you have alfixes? I'm trying to figure out how important it is. Pescado has it marked down as Very Critical which is why I got it.
I have ALfixes on my system, but as my PC is not in running order, I can not check anything at the moment. I only know that Pescado's mods are all loaded first (in a folder named "!!! Fishy" including those three exclamation marks), so if there is a conflict with other stuff, that other stuff wins! I do not remember encountering any problems that way.
I have it set up this way, because Pescado has a notorious tendency to not only overstate the importance of his own mods, but also include way too many undocumented features in those mods. You see: that is exactly the same reasons why you would like to do without it. :-)
As far as your question goes: Yeah, when the folders are sorted (alphabetically) before loading, the folders with !!! prepending their name will come up before the rest. Thus, the game will load the contents of those folders before all others.