Simple Sign (made in milkshape)
#11 08-01-2014 
OK. Currently have 2 problems I'm nutting through. I'm putting them up here so I have a record of problems and solutions. That way when I have the same problems I can work them out without tearing my hair out.

[Image: sign03.jpg]

They can both be seen on this one.

1. The foot print has been defined for all 3. The middle one is 1, and the one to the right is 256. Which would suggest that the one to the left is -256. I put -256 in that one, and it's not showing. but if I put 512 in it, the footprint will be one tile to the left. Which is incorrect. I'm going to go over what I did to make sure I didn't do something wrong.
Edit: And I did do something wrong - I failed to update the unique instance in the last objd. Fixed that, and -256 worked.

2. If you have a look at the thumbnail and the footprint, you'll see that the mesh is on backwards. I'm assuming that this is because I did it backwards in milkshape, so I'm going to try moving the sign part to be on the side that it thinks is the front.
Edit: Yup, I moved the sign to the back, but because I had already mapped both the front and back of the sign so that it was the right away around, it worked without incident.

(But that's why it's not uploaded yet).
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 07:11 AM by celebkiriedhel.)

#12 08-01-2014 
Yes, I remapped etc based on the layout - what you could try is rotating the whole thing, or as you say just move the sign. It is looking cute in game though.

#13 08-01-2014 
1. Glad you figured it out.
2. Just Y rotate the entire mesh by 180. I also noticed this when I opened your mesh initially and changed the position for my screenshot example. Do you use the Milkshape grid lines?

#14 08-01-2014 
I moved the sign, and it looks perfect now.

I'm not too sure what you mean by using the Milkshape grid lines, Nanashi. I do have a grid turned on (I think). Yup, just checked I do have it turned on - just made it back-to-front is all. Big Grin

My next step is to put it on sorrowful scions that shows up in the hood view, instead of the base game vase that doesn't. Oh and I'm making it base game as well.

One question - Sorrowful Scion has a GMND option I haven't seen before :

tsDesignModeSlaveSubsets (cDataListExtension)
grass = (String)

What is this, and what should I do with it?

I've got tsDesignModeEnabled set up correctly.

#15 08-01-2014 
The best object for this is the one tile Armless statue. It is base, it shows in hoodview, it has two subsets.

#16 08-01-2014 
What's it called? I was looking for it, and couldn't find it.

#17 08-01-2014 
Hmm, the Venus something, will look in game later, but it is my GO TO object for stuff in hood view with subsets.

Here we are: On a Pedestal by Yucann Byall

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#18 08-01-2014 
wonderful. Thanks Lee. Will redo it onto that one! Big Grin

#19 08-01-2014 
Thanks for the On a Pedestal tip, leefish. Now I can finally update the carports that I downloaded from all4sims to show in hood view.

#20 08-01-2014 
Even better, it has a bump map option, so I don't have to add it. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option