maty mods, questions and compatibility
#1 28-12-2013 
  • Registered
happy holidays!

i've been painstakingly ridding my dl folder of mods and wanted to know if anyone has any MATY mods that are a must have. i'm using many of BO and CJ's mods and am running into some difficulty (crashes, misc .tmp files numbering 20K+, disappearing families) when i put my MATY folder back into dl, but am willing to remove most of them completely. thought i'd ask for suggestions Smile.

--rizo

#2 28-12-2013 
Obviously, you have too many mods in your MATY folder, and should try adding them back in small amounts. :-)

#3 29-12-2013 
About the tmp files. have you changed Windows or your antivirus? I had an unusual problem that on Windows 7 my old antivirus attacked sim files on saving causing tmp files. Seen in game as disappearing babies and sims who looked more like the age they had been before aging up. So toddlers looked like stretched babies and toddlers walked around floating. I posted to my LJ about this last year and found one other simmer on Lj who had the same thing happen. Turning off my antivirus while playing stopped those things from happening. It didn't reverse the damage though. I always ask people this just in case. I was so annoyed at the time since I had just had my computer redone and it was a fresh Sims 2 install.

#4 29-12-2013 
  • Registered
i totally think you're right, too many mods! i spent the day in serious delete mode for my ENTIRE dl folder and reinstalled the whole game. grueling.
well, i'm on a MAC, but i did update my operating system. now that i think of it, tmp files weren't showing up until then. hmmmm. also, with this fresh install, none of my install discs worked the normal way. i had to open the 'show package contents' of the install discs to install the game. double grueling.

but, me thinks i have way too many mods that are conflicting beyond my comprehension. i now have 23 mods in my MATY folder. take that, tmp files! waachaa!

(let's see if it works!)

#5 29-12-2013 
The whole 'show package contents' is a 'feature' of Windows 7. PITA more like it. To test if it's your antivirus on Windows 7, delete all the tmp files, run your game in a test hood and save. Check your character folder for new tmp files. Next time do the same but with your antivirus off; if you get no tmp files you can know it's your antivirus. The antivirus that did that to my game was Spywear DR, but Pinkthisles on LJ was using a different antivirus. I'm using Bullgaurd now and it doesn't give me any problems.

Having lots of mods in and of itself doesn't mean a thing. Did you need those 23 MATY files? What were they for?

Sorry, that is a members only option