Karlstad Recolours
#1 17-01-2014 
I have been working on some recolours of the IKEA Karlstad sofa and I could really do with some feedback on them. Any comments are very welcome, especially on the wicker texture. Does it work or does it look photoskinned? Thanks for your time Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Klaartje, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Sep 2013.

#2 17-01-2014 
i like your wicker texture... I prefer tan and/or dk brown wicker. That's just my personal preference Wink
I'm not really a big fan of the loose weave gold recolor - again personal preference - but it does look like the pattern is evenly applied. And THAT I really like!
What about doing some with patterned cushions and solid frame? Is it mix and match?

You're doing great! (told ya the recolor-bug would get ya!)
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#3 17-01-2014 
Wicker texture looks lovely (does not look photoshopped). More importantly, the sizing looks pretty good. I like the textures you've used.

You're doing great Klaartje! Big Grin

#4 18-01-2014 
Thank you for your encouragement Big Grin Catherine, I will try out the tan/brown color on the wicker and see how I can play around with that. The loose weave gold recolor is inspired by the IKEA original but I see that the orange has gotten a little lost in translation. I will try out some different colors to go with the wicker. I like your idea about the patterned cushions and solid frame, will play around with that too. I will see if I can find some classy patterns, since the mesh itself is classy Big Grin (I think... weird geometrical patterns might look better on the KLIPPAN sofa). It is not mix and match, because it's only one subset Sad If I ever learn how to mesh decently, I might try my hand at creating a custom subset, but for now that is way out of my league Big Grin

#5 18-01-2014 
YAY! I'm looking forward to them Wink
My Etsy shop

#6 25-01-2014 
@CatherineTCJD: that was a very neat idea, to do patterned cushions with solid frame Big Grin
[Image: 53597_140125113443KArlstadFloralSP.jpg]

Will slowly plough my way through until I can put together a nice set!

#7 25-01-2014 
Lookin' goo-ood! Wink
My Etsy shop

#8 25-01-2014 
Love that colour, KlaartjeBig Grin
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2014 09:51 AM by Karen Lorraine.)

#9 25-01-2014 
I likes it very much Smile

#10 25-01-2014 
Looks great Big Grin - needs some matching curtains

Sorry, that is a members only option