I want to try my hand at slaving these Stair corners...
#1 26-01-2014 
I want to try my hand at slaving - Spaik's Stair corners over at TSR: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/S...id/593731/

She did the Chic, Country, Steadfast, and Wooden modular stair "outie" corner bits - just deco, not functional - which is fine by me... I love them and use them all the time, but - they each need oodles of recolors! I'd like to slave them to use the multitude of recolors I have for say, Numenors recolorable Wooden stairs.

I also have the wrought iron stair corners (both inner and outer) - I forget who made them right now. I'll want to slave them too, but first, I want to slave the wood ones.

Has this been done already? If so, point the way please?
Can this be done? Where is the BEST tute for learning to slave things?
Is there a 'slaving' master who'd like to lead me through this? I'm pretty proficient with SimPE - but I've never meshed anything... yet. (I might need to learn to mesh a bit so I can make matching wood inner corner bits too) Wink
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#2 27-01-2014 
OMG! slaving is so easy if all objects have the same TXTR, harder if they don't. Be warned it is addictive, once you start you end up wanting to slave everything in the game. I've never tried stairs before, I'm going to download those stairs and take a look for you. I'm including the tutorial by Ignorant Bliss it's the one I started with, for slaving existing objects you can skip steps 1 -5 and start at step 6, it's not as daunting as it first looks. One thing to remember always get the original creators permission to slave their work before sharing it with anyone.

.zip  MTS2_IgnorantBliss_512302_Slave_Object_Tutorial_-_Repository_Textures_From_Maxis_Objects.zip (Size: 898.87 KB / Downloads: 638)

ETA:
Took a look, it was very easy to slave the corner to chrissy6930 recolourable 'modular steadfast stairs'. Also took a quick look at Numenors 'recolourable deck stairs' the TXTR's are different, so I'm not sure if you could slave all the stairs to them without remapping everything.

ETA:
OOPS! tried slaving other stairs to Numenors deck stairs...crashed my game big time.
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.
(This post was last modified: 27-01-2014 02:48 AM by Michelle.)

#3 27-01-2014 
WOW!!! Thank you! That's exactly the info I needed Wink I think I've got IgnorantBliss's tutorial filed away somewhere already... thanks for the fresh link though. That's where I'll start - and with the Steadfast stairs (since I know it can be done now - and I know who to bug if I can't get it figured by myself!) wave

As to permissions - Spaik put a blanket statement up on her TSR page basically saying to do whatever (of course I'll provide links and credit!) Numenor has been gone for quite some time. What else/where else do you think I should go to ask permissions? I certainly don't want to step on any toes! Big Grin

Thank you, Michelle!
My Etsy shop

#4 27-01-2014 
My advice is to send Spaik a PM explaining what you wish to do and asking for permission. TSR can be very funny when it comes to people using their 'Featured Creators' work even if the creator has given permission. BTW if you slave Spaik's Stair corners to Numenors Deck Stairs you will have to remap them.

#5 27-01-2014 
OK - thanks!
My Etsy shop

#6 01-02-2014 
Actually Cat, I think Numenor still pops into MTS, but his policy allows for this anyway Wink Good luck with your slaving!

#7 01-02-2014 
Thanks for the info Jones - I haven't even looked at this yet. Kinda got sidetracked...
But, I really want these, so I'll get to it soon Wink
My Etsy shop

Sorry, that is a members only option