Visible Fences From Neighborhood View?
#1 02-02-2014 
Something weird happened with my post Confused so trying again...

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could help me with my fence issue. I created a fence and followed the simpe tutorial, and it looks and works as expected on the lot, but it doesn't show up in neighbourhood view. This is my first fence, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Leefish, I always use your fences in my game, so if you have a secret trick to this, please let me know. In the meantime I'll try my luck with window making!

Thank you!
nanashi, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2013.

#2 02-02-2014 
I've done a few fences before, actually I'm working on some at the moment, never seen the tutorial, if you attach your file I'll take a look at it for you.

#3 02-02-2014 
sure... here you go. And the tutorial I found on honeywell's resource tumblr is here: http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/viewtopic.php?t=1751

.zip  nanashi - brick fence.zip (Size: 61.41 KB / Downloads: 551)

BTW: I opened up Leefish's brick fence and noticed that she has more items in her CRES drop down... also, when testing files, as long as my fence touches hers, it's viewable in the neighbourhood, but if it doesn't connect then only her fence is viewable.

#4 02-02-2014 
Okay, straight away I noticed you cloned your fence from the Atomic fence that comes with PETS, are you aware that that fence is not visible in neighbourhood view either. Try cloning it from one of the other brick fences, maybe the "Stone Cul-De-Sac" Brick Fence or Patrician Balustrade in Neutral White. I noticed Lee cloned hers from the White Royal Courtyard Fencing. I did a test clone, using a brick fence and it was visible in neighbourhood view.

Not much I know but I hope it helps.

#5 02-02-2014 
(02-02-2014 09:47 AM)Michelle Wrote:  ... I noticed Lee cloned hers from the White Royal Courtyard Fencing. I did a test clone, using a brick fence and it was visible in neighbourhood view.

I cloned a new file white royal courtyard, but it still doesn't work. Can I send you the obj files and can you test if there is something wrong with them. My post mesh is a single vertex because I don't want a post option. Could this be causing problems?

Are you changing the GUID and are you doing fix fences? I have not done a "fix fence" because of the warnings, but I noticed that HugeLunatic and Leefish do it.

#6 02-02-2014 
The issue is your post. It's missing. The game won't show the fence in hood view without it. Smile

Clone a wall without posts already, like the Ancient Guardian Rock Wall

#7 03-02-2014 
Thank you! I might have to add a post then, because I originally cloned this fence from the ancient guardian rock wall and it didn't show up. That said, I think I broke something with the fix fences option the first go around so I will try it again and see if it works. I will also try building a visible post to see if I can get it to work with the current package as well. Thank you for your help you guys!

#8 08-02-2014 
YES! It works! I added full height to the fence post and a wee bit of width and now it is visible in the neighbourhood view without overly-compromising the original railing aesthetics. Celebrate I just need to create one more external wallpaper and two square stones, and--thanks to you, HugeLunatic--my Sunset Valley City Hall 3t2 conversion will be done!

Thank you as well, Michelle for testing my fence!

Sorry, that is a members only option