• Genre: Simulation
  • Rating: 8/10
  • Review Type: Game Review
Do you like Age of Empires and games like that but hate the barbarian hordes that come and smash all your work? If so, you will love Banished

What is it?
Its a simulation game with a simple premise; a small group of settlers are banished to the wilderness with a cart containing a few tools, some food and clothing. Your job? Help them to survive by building houses, storage, farms, schools and trading posts.

The townspeople are the primary resource. They are born, grow older, work, have children of their own, and eventually die. Keeping them healthy, happy, and well-fed are essential to making your town grow.

Any structure can be built at any time, provided that your people have collected the resources to do so. There is no money. Instead, you trade with an AI trader for the things you need. There are many different occupations and no single strategy will work every time. Some resources may be more scarce from one map to the next. The player can choose to replant forests, mine for iron, and quarry for rock, but these choices require setting aside space into which you cannot expand.

The success or failure of a town depends on the appropriate management of risks and resources.

The developer has said he will make a modkit for the game.

PC only right now with the option for 32 or 64 bit.

If that sounds all very micromanage-y - it is. Its a twenty dollar game from an Indie developer. Its fun. I like it.

#2 23-02-2014
Yeah, thanks Lee...I can't stop now Tongue

#3 23-02-2014
That looks really sweet! But, I like building my little Simpires. Wink Thanks.

Sorry, that is a members only option