Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#1051 25-03-2015 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel Yup I have cc installed, should I try deleting them see if that's the problem?

@celebkiriedhel Just update the lag has now gone Big Grin still have my cc still here, thank you so much now I can enjoy my game Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 02:48 PM by itshanx.)

#1052 25-03-2015 
  • Registered
Hello! I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and smooth edges are grayed out and the screen size is stuck on 800x600. After trying to fix it I would get the Directx 9.0c error! Also I play on Windows 8, but I don't know if that could be the problem.

Attached File(s)
.txt  HANSOLO-config-log.txt (Size: 10.22 KB / Downloads: 387)

#1053 26-03-2015 
@Yvonne
You've got the texture memory problem, and you need a change to your video cards file as well, I'll pop up what you need in a few minutes.

#1054 26-03-2015 
The graphics on the intro look fine so I don't understand why it doesn't load - always sticks on the "Sims 2 Mansions and Gardens" screen after the movie intro. So frustrating. Sims 4 just isn't cutting it!

Attached File(s)
.txt  USNBHEARNK72-config-log.txt (Size: 14.76 KB / Downloads: 382)

#1055 28-03-2015 
  • Registered
Hello, thank for the answer. Here is my config-log

[/php]

Attached File(s)
.txt  LUCIE-config-log.txt (Size: 7.72 KB / Downloads: 383)

#1056 30-03-2015 
  • Registered
Hello,

First I apologize but it seems that I can't search the forum so I can't know if the solution has already been posted.

First of all I seem to lack the Graphic Rules.srg file in my EP9 Install Folder. I don't know if this is habitual or not. Secondly, when I add one manually, the Graphic Rules Maker can't seems to find the graphic card in the database: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT. I can't boot up the games without having the message that it can't find a compatible video card.

My windows version is Win 7. I have DX11 installed and tried to install DX9 manually.

I thank you

Attached File(s)
.txt  CIN-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 5.36 KB / Downloads: 360)

#1057 31-03-2015 
  • Registered
Hello,

I am sure someone amazing has already solved this, so I apologize for not being able to go through all 100+ pages to find the answer, but I'm way to spastic.

Problem: I have tried the fix in the first page using the RADEON fix... It seemed to work.

I didn't have any of the visual issues, just the issue of the program crashing during the Create a Sim portion. Now I can consistently get to changing the Athletic/Workout Outfit, but the moment I click on the Athletic outfit icon to load the options, the program will crash. Every. Time. I have looked through as many options as I can and am pretty stumped.

Config Log attached, hope someone can see where I am going wrong!

Attached File(s)
.txt  AZAZEUL-config-log.txt (Size: 9.39 KB / Downloads: 388)

#1058 31-03-2015 
@BlindAngel @AllyReggie

At the bottom of the page you should see a search topic box - that is how you search the topic.

I think that the first post covers most of the issues, but no doubt Kiri will see your post(s) and help you out Smile

#1059 03-04-2015 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel @leefish and others who can help me >>>
I have a problem with my graphics. I can't active the smooth edge. Always is greyed. What I should do?

I use the The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate
.txt  DAVIMASSA-config-log.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 347)
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 07:25 PM by DaviiMassa.)

#1060 03-04-2015 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel
PLease can you help...???

Thanks Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option