Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#1191 27-10-2015 
  • Registered

.txt  USER-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.54 KB / Downloads: 419)

Hi @celebkiriedhel

I must have done something wrong because the log I uploaded before was the same but came from a different destination...? Either way I think I've sorted it out and attached today's log!

I've installed the cards (correctly I hope!) and that will hopefully show in the log.

I don't believe I have ever had the Sims 2 on this laptop as my original copy was bought way back when it first came out but I lost before I bought my current PC which is weird, however, even weirder, when scouring my PC after uninstalling the UC I found a second copy of the Sims 2 (not UC, I think?) sitting in a file. No game data, just the Sims 2 and the body shop. I got rid of that, reinstalled TSUC and added the game cards.

@leefish @BoilingOil Thanks for suggesting! I was using my track pad at the time, but will try with a mouse and see what happens! Smile

@NixNivis My game should be vanilla as I'm pretty sure I have no CC in the game, I'll try the mouse first but if that fails I'll look into CC! Thanks for the advise!

#1192 28-10-2015 
@floralblonde Well, the card is looking much better. Smile

When you got rid of it - did you uninstall it? Or just delete it?
Can you do me a favour and check your Programs and Features in the Control Panel of your laptop - and look for Sims 2?

The reason why I ask, is that you're still showing as having EP9, which is mansion and gardens, and the UC one is SP9. Now it may be just that it's named that way for your UC, but I'd rather double check.

#1193 28-10-2015 
@celebkiriedhel

Sorry for asking again, but I have no more solutions for that directX c9 problem. Do you have any any how to fix that? :$

#1194 28-10-2015 
@MsSimsation maybe this: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics...st-1387406 you have hp?

but did you do everything kiri said? change the compatibility, run as admin?

#1195 29-10-2015 
  • Registered
Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with a switchable integrated card and video card, and I'm having trouble with Sims 2 recognizing my AMD Radeon R7 M265 rather than my Intel HD Graphics 5500. I went ahead and did the instructions for copy-pasting the new graphic rules (.sgr) into Config and SConfig. It increased the settings I can alter on menu, but the game still runs off Intel HD Graphics 5500. I did go to graphics application setting and set sims2ep9.exe to run on high performance, but that didn't help. It should be noted I am using Windows 7 and running in XP Sevice Pack 3 compatibility mode. Here's what the config shows me:

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel® HD Graphics 5500
Name (database): Intel® HD Graphics 5500 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 1616, Board: 502117aa, Chipset: 0009
Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1315, GUID: D7B78E66-5556-11CF-3971-2B70B7C2C535
Driver version: 1315
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.776902, 16:9
Screen mode: 1920x1080x32BPP,60Hz
Texture memory: 1744MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1

I also downloaded the Graphics Rule Maker software you gave, and under the Videocards.sgr preview tab, I do not see AMD Radeon R7 M265 card ID listed. Furthermore, under device info, it does not recognize I have the AMD card! What should I do?

I did back up the old .sgr files just in case btw. Here's the laptop I recently purchased:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SJ2G...ge_o02_s00

#1196 29-10-2015 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel Glad it's looking better! Smile

I uninstalled all mention of Sims 2 on my PC, and now it only shows S2UC so maybe it's just my copy?

#1197 29-10-2015 
@CuddleKitties If you were expecting help, I'm afraid you will not get any until you've attached your config-log.txt file. Kiri is very good at this stuff, but she can not supernaturally *guess* what's wrong with your system (yet - she might eventually develop that ability, though Big Grin). At the bottom of this page, read the "Before you post requesting help" notice, please. Smile

#1198 29-10-2015 
  • Registered
(29-10-2015 08:45 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  @CuddleKitties If you were expecting help, I'm afraid you will not get any until you've attached your config-log.txt file. Kiri is very good at this stuff, but she can not supernaturally *guess* what's wrong with your system (yet - she might eventually develop that ability, though Big Grin). At the bottom of this page, read the "Before you post requesting help" notice, please. Smile

Sorry about that. I went ahead and attached the full config log.

Attached File(s)
.txt  AMANDA-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.24 KB / Downloads: 477)

#1199 29-10-2015 
@CuddleKitties

I can make it work with the Intel card which is sufficient for the game. That's going to be fairly simple -

1. Download Graphics Rules-INTEL.rar from the first post. Attachments are at the bottom.
2. Download Video Card - Intel-1616.rar
3. Install into the Program Folders
\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion & Gardens\TSData\Res\Config\
\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion & Gardens\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

To get it to work for Radeon - you first have to set up your PC to use your Radeon card for Games - That's on the Radeon Graphics Panel. I can't help you with that, because I don't know how to do the dual cards thing.

#1200 29-10-2015 
  • Registered
Hello,

I am hoping that you can help me. Recently my graphics driver updated to a beta and it threw a wrench into my sims 2 graphics. I rolled back the driver and downloaded the Radeon fix from here and even used the Graphics Rules maker.

I have an AMD Phenom II X6 Radeon HD 5570 graphics card and I had no problem with graphics before other than requiring the fix here for the game to recognize my card.

I have been able to restore my graphics but I have a new problem. All of the clothing that my sims wear is in such low resolution and blurry. And this even extends to the Maxis clothing as well.

I have been running a vanilla game with no downloads while trying to repair this problem. And I have searched in many different places but cannot find an answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached File(s)
.txt  MISHKA-HP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.25 KB / Downloads: 418)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option