Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#1201 29-10-2015 
@leefish

Thanks for replying. Yeah I did about everything with the competability and admin. I'll take a look at the link you've send me thanks.

#1202 29-10-2015 
  • Registered
Hi there!

So I updated to Windows 10, and my Sims 2 kept going AWOL.
As well as that, other stuff kept going mad so I downgraded back to Windows 7.

Now my game does not recognise my graphics card?
I've attached my config log and a screenshot of what happens

I've tried the Graphic Rules Maker but that doesn't seem to help.
I've also tried the stuff on the front of the screen, no luck again Sad

Any help, please?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  BLUE-config-log.txt (Size: 9.68 KB / Downloads: 468)

#1203 29-10-2015 
@smileangel

Im having the same problem here but it's pretty hard to fix. Kiri gave me some options on page 117 of this topic. Have a look maybe it works in your situation. Goodluck!

#1204 30-10-2015 
  • Registered
Could you please give me the Video Card rar file for AMD Radeon R7 M265? Maybe that could help the game recognize the card, but in the mean time, I'm going to try to make it work with Intel HD 5500 integrated card.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 04:11 AM by CuddleKitties.)

#1205 30-10-2015 
  • Registered
I decided to try using Intel HD 5500 now.

I tried putting the Intel graphics.sgr and the Video Card - Intel-1616.rar you gave, celebkiriedhel, but now it cannot let me change resolution in the game. I only get 800x600 option, no ability to change shadows, and no antialiasing option. Everything is attached.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  AMANDA-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 467)
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 04:10 AM by CuddleKitties.)

#1206 30-10-2015 
that's because you're getting the memory texture problem now... hmmm.... Had you changed the card previously - it was getting 1744Mb in your older config-log.txt?

Use this one instead - Graphics Rules-INTEL-MedCPUMissingTexture.rar from the first post. That will sort out all the problems with the intel card.

Changing over the VideoCard will not make the game recognise your Radeon card. That is determined outside the game with your graphics driver.

@smileangel Your driver and your database have different names for the same id.

To sort that out, I've attached a video cards.sgr that will rename the database to your driver. That will remove one problem.
Download Video Card

When you downgraded Windows 10 to Windows 7, Did you uninstall and reinstall your sims? That may make a difference as well.

I'm currently working my way through the thread here for this issue, so it might be a while until I find the answer.
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 07:28 AM by celebkiriedhel.)

#1207 05-11-2015 
  • Registered
I was able to get my graphics fixed. And now everything is running fine.

My suggestion to anyone searching this forum, is if you have the game on Origin and you bring up the Origin menu.

Bring up your games and when you see the Sims 2 "box" right click on that. You will see that one of the options you have is to repair your game.

As for graphic solutions, that will restore your graphics card.SGR and video card.SGR files to the original setting that came when you downloaded the game. Then you can head back here and try one of the fix downloads.

I did have the originals saved, but I was able to adjust my graphics card from the AMD catalyst control center. It would be easier to see the changes with the basic settings and was able to get my game fixed.

Just throwing that out there in case anyone has the same problems I did.

#1208 07-11-2015 
Hello kiri!
Can you do a videocard file, including the next card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970M
Thanks in advance!

#1209 07-11-2015 
@ZeusSims Hey Zeus Smile I can't do it without the video card device number. If you have a -config-log.txt then I can get it from there. Smile

#1210 07-11-2015 
Oh, sorry, herre is the file.
I managed to run the game using the Nvidia card, but it is impossible to use the game in windowed mode with this card, Am i doing something wrong?
In addition, a few days ago I get a strange error, I think the game it runs out of memory and closes. Is this possible?, My laptop has 8g of memory, but the game only recognizes 2g.
Here is the error:

Attached File(s)
.txt  ROMAN-config-log.txt (Size: 10.19 KB / Downloads: 486)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2015.11.07 15.41.31.txt (Size: 15.15 KB / Downloads: 541)
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 07:43 PM by ZeusSims.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option