Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#1211 08-11-2015 
You have the texture memory problem - so the game thinks you only have 32Mb available. Unfortunately you've put in a card that overrides the resolution without fixing the texture memory problem so that's the reason why you're having all these problems.

You need to use GraphicRules-NVidia-TextureFix.rar from the first post as your graphic rules card.

Your card is already recognised in the video cards.sgr.

#1212 08-11-2015 
Hello Kiri!
I did what you told me, but the error continues happening.
Here attached the file for you to look if you find any clues of what may be happening with my game.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2015.11.08 19.40.43.txt (Size: 13.43 KB / Downloads: 542)

#1213 09-11-2015 
@ZeusSims
Do you get this error in full-screen mode?

Looking at your new exception file - it's not a memory problem. It's giving an access violation. That is, it's trying to write something in a place that it's not allowed to.
Unfortunately, most of the information in the exception file is not useful, because we don't have the tools/information to interpret it.

I do notice that it's the same lot that is crashing in both exception files. Does the crashing occur on any other lot?

I need to get more information from you to get an idea of what could be a good solution.

#1214 09-11-2015 
Often, an access violation is just caused by a mod being misread at load time. If that is the problem, it can be fixed by deleting the groups.cache & accessory.cache files. If deleting those files doesn't fix it, at least we will know that that is not what's wrong here.

#1215 09-11-2015 
@BoilingOil Yeah - that's my thought too, or a corruption in the lot, if it only happens on that one lot.

#1216 09-11-2015 
@celebkiriedhel Yup, if deleting the caches doesn't fix it, and other lots have no problems, then you are probably right: corruption on that one lot.

#1217 09-11-2015 
Hello again!
The error occurs in fullscreen and windowed mode.
Yes, it is always the same lot, which is very large and has a lot of personalized content. I tried with Cyjon lot inspector, but says the lot is well.
It also I use the Mootilda program, HoodChecker, but it does not indicate that there is corruption in the neighborhood.
I have also put the file Objects.package in only read mode, to avoid unexpected corruption.
I deleted the entire The Sims 2 folder in my documents, but nothing seems to help.
The lot where I play, is a house built from scratch by my, in a neighborhood completely empty.
I have reviewed all the mods that I have, but none seem malfunction.
It is very strange, a long time that I used this lot, and never had any problems.
I do not know what else to say, I'm completely lost with this situation.

#1218 09-11-2015 
Ok @ZeusSims, I did not see you mention having deleted both cache files and then trying to start the game. Could you try that, please?
I cannot think of much else except ditching that whole house and its occupants, which is the last thing any serious simmer would do.

#1219 09-11-2015 
Recently, I was in a vacant lot, was building a new house, and appeared again the same error.
I did everything that was recommended to me, but nothing seems to help, really I do not know what else to do. Huh

#1220 09-11-2015 
@ZeusSims That really does sound like corrupted or too much CC to me.

To check for this - start up a game without any CC.

Do this by renaming your normal "The Sims 2" folder in your My Documents.
Start up your game. It will create a new "The Sims 2" folder.

Go in and try to build a house like you would normally. Does it crash? If it does - then it's not the CC. If it doesn't then it is the CC regardless of what the other tools have told you.

How much CC do you have in game? There is an upper limit, although we're not certain what sets it - whether it's just RAM, or RAM + CPU + GPU.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option