Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#1221 09-11-2015 
(09-11-2015 03:51 PM)ZeusSims Wrote:  Recently, I was in a vacant lot, was building a new house, and appeared again the same error.
I did everything that was recommended to me, but nothing seems to help, really I do not know what else to do. Huh

If the problem is in the cache files, playing another lot isn't going to help. Anyway, I'm out of ideas; I give up. I'm sorry.

#1222 09-11-2015 
The cache files, I always delete before play the game.
Thank you very much for your help Bo!, at this point I assume they must have corrupted the game files or something like.

#1223 09-11-2015 
(09-11-2015 04:56 PM)ZeusSims Wrote:  The cache files, I always delete before play the game.

Ah, that I did not know.

#1224 13-11-2015 
  • Registered
Hello Kiri. I followed your instructions and downloaded the Graphic Rules Maker and tweeked up my game, and my graphics look awesome. I am running the game in windowed mode through Origin. I also have the game set to play as if I am running Windows 7. I have Windows 8, however. I have done so many things, but my game randomly crashes, and I do not understand why. There is basically no lag, for my computer is more than able to handle this game (I'm pretty sure). I will be playing and the error message: "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." randomly shows up out of nowhere. It isn't like my game freezes and then the error message appears, I will be playing laglessly and it appears. Please help me. I really want to play this game. It worked before on my Windows 7 computer. I will send you my config log as well.

Attached File(s)
.txt  JOHNNY-config-log.txt (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 530)

#1225 13-11-2015 
@sspufan
I'm assuming you have it set to play as admin, and compatibility is set to 7? as per the first post in this thread?

If you look in your log folder where your -config-log.txt is, there will be some exception file texts. That will give me some clue as to why you are crashing.

If you could upload the exception txt file that would help.
The name will look something like this:
Sims2Exception 2015.10.14 23.31.34.txt
that is the date in yyyy.mm.dd hh.mm.ss format. Please make sure that you upload the most recent one.

@ZeusSims

Have you done the test that I asked? i.e. the vanilla game to make sure it's your cc that's the problem and not something else?
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2015 06:19 PM by celebkiriedhel.)

#1226 13-11-2015 
  • Registered
This is the most recent one.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2015.11.13 10.23.47.txt (Size: 12.69 KB / Downloads: 583)

#1227 14-11-2015 
@sspufan

Hmmm. From the looks of it, this isn't a graphics fix problem. Your config-log.txt is fine.

Questions:

Does it occur when you go into the lot, or after you've already entered?
Does it occur regularly in the same place, or does it occur randomly?
What is your compatibility set to on your ep99.exe?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe (is where you've find it)

#1228 14-11-2015 
Hello Kiri!
I've checked all my cc, everything seems fine.
The error has continued to appear, but it is impossible to know when it will happen again.

#1229 16-11-2015 
@celebkiriedhel

Hey,

I haven't been on the forum a lot but I got it fixed. Well not fixed I just put in the old graphic card, the NVIDEA and now the graphics are gorgeous. The directX problem was solved by this. Thanks anyway for all the help. If I'm having more problems I know where to find you ^^

#1230 21-11-2015 
  • Registered
Running Windows 10; getting "the application has crashed, the application will now terminate" for Mansion and Garden Stuff when trying to load a house (any house) to furnish it before moving a family (pre-made) in. I first installed the Sims 2 UC when I had either Vista or 7 (I can't remember which) and am now just getting around to playing after getting Windows 10. In looking at my device manager, I have both NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M *and* Intel® HD Graphics 3000, but the -config-.txt only lists the latter (not sure if this matters, but it's worth a mention).

UPDATE: I ran the program linked above this thread and my cards were added to the lists, but nothing's changed.. I still get the same error as before. I'd upload an updated version of the -config- log but it seems to have disappeared or the program renamed it. *shrugs*

Attached File(s)
.txt  INSPIRONN5110-config-log.txt (Size: 10.44 KB / Downloads: 499)
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2015 01:48 AM by Magpie.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option