Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#191 17-05-2014 
Sorry about the delay Spudjuice. Userstartup cheats won't help. It has to be in graphic rules. I've had a look at your config log, and you're definitely on lo-res which is going to cause problems.

You need to go to the first post and download the fix for the AMD Radeon 7900 card - that's in Step 2.
Then you need to put it in the folders also stated in the first post - that's in Step 3.

Go to First Post in thread

Once you've done that, please go into the game - check it out and let me know how you go (Step 4).

#192 17-05-2014 
@celebkiriedhel

That config log was copied when I had the 7900 fix in the config and csconfig folders. It appeared correct and I was able to set my settings up to high except smooth edges, and the other issues I mentioned (neighbours, view distance). It looked good on the surface but those options sent me crazy!

The userstartup file I tried dealt exclusively with the neighbours/hood deco/view distance.

#193 17-05-2014 
That's interesting - because it hasn't worked for you. ok. I'm going to create a special one with a trace in it to see what's happening for you.

After having a look at what you had - I think I've worked out what the problem is. Try this card in the appropriate place: Download AMDRadeon7900Fix 2

It should do everything you need.
(This post was last modified: 17-05-2014 02:29 AM by celebkiriedhel.)

#194 17-05-2014 
Okay, I gave that a go, but I received this error when I tried to load the game.

I reverted back to the original fix in the first post to check if it was an issue on my end, and it worked again. I'm pretty sure I do have DirectX 9...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#195 17-05-2014 
Yeah - that's not a directx problem, that's a program error. It didn't like my fix for some reason. Will amend it and re-upload it.

OK. Redownload from the link above, it's been amended. Totally my fault - a small coding problem.

#196 17-05-2014 
Are you sure that file's updated? I just tried it again and I'm still getting that error. (Sorry for the delay, I went to work.)

#197 19-05-2014 
Sorry about that - I really shouldn't do coding changes before I've had my coffee.

Download Fixed Card

I've tested this one myself, and know that it works.

#198 19-05-2014 
Thank you!

Okay, I've given it a go. Smooth edges is now enabled, yay!

However, the lot view distance/neighbours/decorations options are still not working. Clickable neighbours works now (I seem to remember that not working), and fade distance still works. The options aren't greyed, they just... don't do anything when I click them. The "uintProp lotSkirtSizeIncrease 36" I tried in the user startup file doesn't work as a cheat file, but DOES work if I put it in the in-game cheat bar, so I suppose there's that workaround...

#199 19-05-2014 
Can you give me another copy of your config file? I'll see if there's anything in there that I can adapt.

#200 19-05-2014 
@Spudjuice - some of those options onlywork when you are in the hood - then you go into lot. That is what you are doing right? Sorry to state the obvious...

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option