Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#201 19-05-2014 
@celebkiriedhel

Sure thing, here you go!

@leefish

I've tried in both the 'hood and the lot, and the same thing happens - I click the option, the option stays where it was Sad

Attached File(s)
.txt  THE-KIWI-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.35 KB / Downloads: 331)

#202 19-05-2014 
One last time and hopefully this will work for you (it works for me)... I tested your card, and have the same problem as you.

Download Graphic Rules 4

To be honest, I don't understand why it doesn't work in your version of graphic rules. But it works in mine - and there are some differences between them. So I'm willing to bet it's one of those.

#203 19-05-2014 
Ah-hah! Thank you! That one definitely works! Or rather, it does all the things I want it to do, which is the best thing.

Only one issue - screen resolution. My native screen resolution is 1920x1080, which is for some reason not showing up as an option. I think I can just about deal with that, though - I'd rather have the options working than my exact screen res, haha, even if I have to put it in windowed mode (can't seem to find a res on the menu that really works full-screen without squashing or stretching anything, though I'm sure one's gotta have the same sort of ratio...).

#204 19-05-2014 
  • Registered
So glad I found this topic! Hoping you could help me with what graphics fix I should use? I have an ATI Radeon HD 5450 and am running windows 7.

Thanks!

#205 20-05-2014 
I'd go for windowed mode Spud. While we can doctor the graphic rules to allow your screen resolution, I'm not sure that it wouldn't include squash/stretch from a ratio issue. You have a 1.77777778 ratio which wasn't really allowed for.

Amber - I'd go for the one that I just set up for Spud - Graphic Rules 4 which is just above. It deals with all the problems, works, and it covers your card.

#206 20-05-2014 
It worked quite nicely on the fix in the first post, but windowed mode it is! Smile Thank you so much!

#207 20-05-2014 
Oh. In that case, I'll change Graphic Rules 4 to Graphic Rules 5 and add your resolution.

#208 21-05-2014 
Kiri, I'm ready to pick a graphics card. I've been told by lee that AMD is the best all round card for TS2 and the TS3. I would like a card that plays both if possible. If not TS2 is the most important. Whatever is considered the best card for both. Currently I am using a 6 year old Nvidea 9800. I'm on Win 7, 64 bit and I think it is dual core. I just had 16 GIGs of RAM put in. Thanks.

#209 26-05-2014 
  • Registered
Hi Kiri! Could you help me, too? I recently uninstalled and re-installed SP9, and now it won't start up at all! I get the same error message about DirextX drivers as anyone else, and all my drivers are the very latest (I've double-checked). I'm running Windows 8, and my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 630. I went through the instructions of the original thread, but my computer's failing to see reason. I'm attaching the new non-booting log, as well as the DxDiag chitty to this. I'm really at my wit's end with this, so finding this thread is giving me hope. Smile Thank you so much!

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag-26-05-14.txt (Size: 56.91 KB / Downloads: 762)
.txt  PUHURI-config-log.txt (Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 308)

#210 26-05-2014 
I won't be able to help you straight away DangerousBeans (great name by the way! I recognise it from Terry Pratchett). I'm about ready to go to bed.

Part of the problem could be the directx drivers are too new - and need to be downgraded.

Are you able to give me a screenshot of your error message? That would be great.

There's a good chance that uninstalling/reinstalling just the one EP9 (mansions and gardens) doesn't work too well - and if you uninstall/reinstall you need to do the whole blinking lot. However before you uninstall anything, I will check that.

Also was there a reason why you uninstalled/reinstalled EP9?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option