Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#221 04-06-2014 
Well, as soon as I installed Mansions and Gardens, I got the same error message I did before. So yes, I think it's something with that pack. What now?

#222 04-06-2014 
Well, we have a fall-back position - which is to play without it. But lets not go there yet.

My next thought is that there is an actual DirectX driver problem.
Do you know how to do an DXdiag? If you do, can you post that up?

(If you don't:
Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, typing dxdiag in the Search box, and then pressing ENTER, then once it's calculated everything press 'save all information')

#223 04-06-2014 
Yeah, I really don't want to play without it. That would suck. Sad

Here you go. I'm running Direct X 11.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 30.76 KB / Downloads: 361)

#224 04-06-2014 
Yeah - I don't want you playing without it either if I can help it. Smile

I've had a look at your DX, and it is set up the same as mine. (and I can run mine) So the DX is ok.

OK. Let me just think about this for a bit.

What was your previous graphics card? (Wondering if it was a different brand, and if that would make a difference).
When was the last time you updated your graphics drivers (that's for your graphics card rather than the directx) and where did you update them from?

Also - did yours stop working/start glitching around the same time as DangerousBeans? It could be that Windows did an update that effects it.

Also - are you on a laptop or desktop? And do you have dual graphic cards? All of these can effect the way the game plays.

#225 04-06-2014 
  • Registered
Kiri, would appreciate some help here. I have an intel i5 with windows 8.1 (update) and with intel hd4000 & 8gb of RAM. The screen keeps flickering in sims 2 (I have installed deluxe, open for business and seasons). Everything installed smoothly but the constant flickering on moving the mouse is making it frustrating to play. I replaced the graphicsrules with the fix you uploaded but that did not sort it out either. Not sure why I keep getting this issue, the same thing kept happening in life stories. Shouldn't be a graphics issue considering that that it requires some 32mb of video ram and my dediccated vram is 32mb but the max vram can go up to 2gb.

#226 04-06-2014 
do you have the antialiasing set to maximum - smoothing I think it is in the graphics tab.

#227 04-06-2014 
Shadowpenn - first up - lee is in the right - try setting your antialiasing up to max on the graphics tab. That's the one on the slider.
Second - can you put up your config-log.txt for me as it gives me additional info.

#228 04-06-2014 
  • Registered
I have tried that, didn't help.
Where is the config-log.txt located?

#229 04-06-2014 
Have a look at your config-log.txt in the log folder of your game (in the My Documents).

#230 04-06-2014 
  • Registered

.txt  config-log.txt (Size: 9.84 KB / Downloads: 354)
(04-06-2014 02:16 PM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  Have a look at your config-log.txt in the log folder of your game (in the My Documents).

Here you go Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option