GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#331 09-07-2014 
  • Registered
I see,
Thank you! Finally can play sims)

#332 09-07-2014 
Excellent - I always forget about that, Lee.

#333 11-07-2014 
  • Registered

.txt  BREAD-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.46 KB / Downloads: 387) I have HD 7970 and I downloaded the HD 7900 series fix. I have Deluxe, Uni, Pets, Seasons, and FreeTime. In Neighborhood view, there are flashing red bird. I think it is a sign of struggling graphics card.
Attached to this post is a config-log. Why is it only in that sub-hood that the birds are flashing red? In Desiderata Valley, the kites are flying and they look perfectly normal.
[img][Image: 5rhV7oi.jpg][/img]

EDIT: 2 weeks ago, I tested Deluxe with my brother's MSI GTX 660 OC Twin Frozr. I was testing it, and it played fine on high without downloading the fix. If it works with the 660, can it work with my HD 7970? Also, turning Vsync off and on does not work.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 04:00 AM by hatabear.)

#334 11-07-2014 
OK....
Have you got the fix in Free Time folder or the deluxe folder? It looks like the game is configuring from Free Time.

1. Can you give me a config log without the fix. - I need to see what's happening.
2. If you just have one hood that's messing up - that generally means that the hood has corrupted somehow.

Your config log says that it isn't on high -

Device properties
-----------------
boolProp useRenderTextures true
uintProp antialiasingSupport 1
boolProp enableDriverMemoryManager false
boolProp vs2LoopsFunctional false
boolProp presentWorkaround true
boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels false <- smoothing is off
boolProp simpleTerrain false
boolProp causticsEnabled false
boolProp forceSoftwareVP true
uintProp deviceLocalVideoMemorySizeDefault 1828716544
boolProp activeDeviceUseSoftwareRasterizer false
uintProp configParserErrorCode 0

#335 11-07-2014 
  • Registered
[Image: Z2kDIMd.jpg?1]

The game is in 800x600 and looks horrible on high.
Smooth edges is grayed out. My new config log is attached to this post

Attached File(s)
.txt  BREAD-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.98 KB / Downloads: 341)

#336 11-07-2014 
Hi hatabear, you don't need to post up the pics - the config log is enough.

Please use this config log - I think it will fix things better than the 7900 fix (which I will need to update)

Download hatabear fix

Basically - your system was being thrown back to medium because there's a line missing in the 7900 card. I've fixed it, and stuck in a couple of trace to make sure it's worked.

What I need you to do now, is to put this fix into your game - Freetime, config and csconfig. Start up the game, then post up your config-log again.

You should have all the things that go with hi-res - higher res, smooth edges, etc. I'd also like to see how you're doing with Desiderata. The thought I have is maybe the birds are stuffed for med-res.

#337 11-07-2014 
  • Registered
Yay, it worked! My game is so much smoother and prettier now! -internet hugs- No more annoying birds!
And also, Desiderata had these kites, but they disappeared and I think the Hot Air Balloon took it's place.

#338 12-07-2014 
Am I just stupid cause I cant even get past the first step.The screen flickering on my game pisses me off.

@celebkiriedhel
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2014 01:44 AM by toradora101.)

#339 12-07-2014 
Given that the first step does not require you to do anything in the game... I'm a little puzzled about why you can't get past it.

If you go into your folder

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Log\

There is a file there called <your-pc-name>-config-log.txt

Please attach this to a post up here. And I will do the other steps for you.

#340 17-07-2014 
Hi Kiri Smile

I just got the Ultimate Collection bundle, and I'm having some trouble getting a graphics card fix to work. The only screen resolution that it's giving me is 800 x 600. I've attached my config-log. I tried the fix for the Radeon 6700, but it didn't work.

I was putting the fixes in the Fun with Pets folder, but I'm not sure if that's the right one. That's the game that it says it is on the loading screen.

[Image: 59131_140716230649ScreenShot043.jpg]

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind! Got it working! Big Grin I needed to use the Radeon 7900 fix, and it put it into the SP9 folder in Fun with Pets.

Attached File(s)
.txt  RACHEL-VAIO-config-log.txt (Size: 14.89 KB / Downloads: 382)
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2014 04:34 AM by Twi.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option