Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#371 21-07-2014 
  • Registered
while waiting for my fix, just wanted to quickly say that it is amazing and very selfless of you to take time and help such an amount of people with their game <3 your efforts are very appreciated and you are one lovely person <3 thank you so much for everything!

#372 21-07-2014 
Thanks eAra.

Now I have an idea what you're talking about.

You have 2 problems - 1 is that you are using dual cards, the other is that you don't have enough CPU for true hi-level.

Your CPU: 2514.399902Mhz

cpuLevelHigh = 3000
cpuLevelMedium = 2600
cpuLevelLow = 2000

I can't help you with getting your NVidia card to work for Sims. It's not going to give you any better resolution than what you've currently got.
However - the graphics fix that you have in your game is working.

It's giving you anti-alias, but because your CPU is not up to it, it's not going to give you bump maps.

So what you should do now: stick to the Intel fix.

Simmie Neutron -

Problem:
It does look like your game hasn't picked up the change. You can tell that with the fixes, because it hasn't got the word 'Kiri' in the config-log.txt

Solution:
That usually occurs because it's been changed in the wrong set of config folders.
According to your config-log, your most recent pack is Mansion and Gardens.
Are you using the Ultimate Collection?

If you are playing with the normal Packs - the change needs to go in the folders:

\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Gardens\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Gardens\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

If you are Playing with the Ultimate Collection - the change needs to go in the folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

Can you check where it is, and let me know? Thanks. If you find you have put it in the wrong place - put it in the one as above, open up your game, then put up the config log.txt again so we can see what's happening.

Olivier
Still waiting on your Nvidia Config-log.txt. Thanks.

Schimmdog - can you let me know what's happening? Thanks.

Ascendense - I'm still looking at your issue. Should get back to you about it in the next 24 hours.

#373 21-07-2014 
  • Registered
Ok then Smile but I can play it with no problems right

Edit : I'm sorry it's just that I'm kinda new to all of this and I want to know that if I play the sims 2 with the intel fix set on it, will it somehow damage my hardware in the future like damaging my graphics ...

#374 21-07-2014 
  • Registered
Maybe I was doing something wrong by trying to manually add my graphics card like I did with TS3 when it stopped recognizing my card. It's working now that I didn't even touch the file. Lol. Thanks!

#375 21-07-2014 
That's correct eAra - you can play it as is. Smile

LOL SimmyNeutron. Glad to hear it's working. Big Grin

#376 21-07-2014 
  • Registered
Wow, I doubted I would be able to fix my game, then I stumbled upon this, and was intimidated by how complex it was for me, because I am no computer savvy. But, with putting in about an hour of time and effort, I was able to fix it. I want to deeply thank everyone who contributed resources I used to fix my game. You made my week.

#377 21-07-2014 
Good to hear DrFluffyBean. We appreciate it. Smile

#378 21-07-2014 
  • Registered
Thank you very much Kiri because without you my problem will never end . . . :-D

Many thanks :-D :-)

#379 21-07-2014 
  • Registered
I was sleeping, sorry. Blush

Here is my new config-log.txt - still says I'm using Intel even though I'm not.
Haven't had any further problems with the game.

EDIT: added the new log.

Attached File(s)
.txt  OLIVIERH-config-log.txt (Size: 10.33 KB / Downloads: 302)
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2014 11:09 AM by Olivier.)

#380 21-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hey, it appears I am still having a problem, sadly. I still seem to have that infamous flashing/stuttering problem. It may have been something I accidentally did wrong, so I will walk you through step by step for what I did. I presumed that the download I needed was the Download Intel With Texture Fix based on my config file. I saved the file to my Sims 3 folder, so I could extract the file to the Config and CSConfig files using 7Zip. I extracted if to both the files, and entered the game and the texture fix worked, but I shortly realized that after that the flashing/stuttering problem was still occurring, so I deleted the old Graphic Rules.sgr, thinking that may have been still conflicting, but that didn't work. I don't know what else to do. Deleting my old Graphics Rule.sgr may have been my fatal flaw, but I don't know. I still have both in my recycle bin. For extra information, I do have Windows 8, and the version of The Simms 2 I am playing on is the Ultimate collection. If you need any other logs or files to be given to you to aid you in helping me fix this, just tell me exactly where I have to go in order to find them, because I looked upon ends to find my config-log.txt, and to find my program files.

And thanks again for putting your time and effort into helping others fix this problem. I truly brings a smile to my face. Without you guys, I would never have discovered what program files were, or would have fixed the texture error. Big Grin

Attached File(s)
.txt  PRINCESSBILL-config-log.txt (Size: 10.39 KB / Downloads: 342)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option