Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#381 21-07-2014 
@DrFluffyBean - did you go into lot and set your smooth edges to more? You have to be in lot to do it.

#382 21-07-2014 
DrFluffyBean - your graphics card is fine. (I just checked your config log). The last step is to set your smooth edge to max as per what Lee has said.

Like this
[Image: SmoothEdges.jpg]

That will fix the stuttering.

#383 21-07-2014 
  • Registered
Wow, talk about a moment worthy of a face palm. Thanks again for the third time, it truly does mean a lot to me that you guys were able to help. Have a good day. Big Grin

#384 22-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hi I just started playing Sims 2 again and I noticed that the graphics are not as clear as it was with the Sims 3. All my settings are on high but its still kind of blurry. It looks good when I go really close and in CAS which is also close up. when I pan the camera all the way out its blurry. I'm not sure if its my graphics card but with the Sims 3 it was perfect! I looked in the logs folder to see and this is what I saw under graphics:
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): AMD Radeon HD 7750 Graphics
Name (database): AMD Radeon HD 7750 Graphics <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Is this good? Do you see an issue here? What does not found in database mean? thanks for your time and help in advance!

#385 22-07-2014 
Hi Strawberry - can I get a whole config log, rather than just a partial? Thanks. That's not enough for me to tell what is good or not.

#386 23-07-2014 
  • Registered
sure here it is!

sure here it is!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Log.pdf (Size: 124.85 KB / Downloads: 370)
.pdf  Log.pdf (Size: 124.85 KB / Downloads: 409)
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2014 02:51 AM by strawberry85.)

#387 23-07-2014 
  • Registered
I just had to leave a comment here to thank you so, so much for these instructions. I had tried every "fix" I could find and absolutely nothing worked until I followed the steps you outlined here. Thank you for using your time and skill to help so many of us get back to Simming! You're awesome. <3

#388 23-07-2014 
You're welcome Snoofie.

To the others - sorry there's been a delay - I'm having a few sleep issues, and trying to do stuff when sleep deprived is a bit hard to do technical stuff.

#389 23-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hey celebkiriedhel

First - Thank you very much for helping so many simmers out there. It's great that a tech whiz is here to support a game that has been out for 10 years Smile
But I wouldn't be writing here if I didn't have a problem, sadly.
I have a Win7 PC, AMD Radeon 7800 and I used your fix as in the first post, but now my game won't even load up anymore.
I updated Direct x already, nothing changed. I'll try to include as much info as possible

If you need any other files, just tell me and I try to provide you with them

Attached File(s)
.txt  KILLERMANDARINE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.37 KB / Downloads: 303)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2014.07.23 23.37.46.txt (Size: 13.28 KB / Downloads: 397)

#390 23-07-2014 
Mandarine

Try using this one instead. Also did you put it in the right place? There's no trace in it, and that suggests that it isn't.

Do you have the ultimate collection, or something else?

Also - given that you're getting that error - you need to go to your game folder and delete Groups.cache from \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\
If you have the Ultimate Collection I've been told that it's Origin Games rather than EA Games.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option