Click here to download

#401 24-07-2014 
Strap

Download this fix and put it in these folders in your program files:

\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

That will sort it for you.

Mandarine
Given the problem that you're reporting - I do think that a re-install is the best way to go. Afterwards before you put the CC and your custom hoods in (i.e. vanilla)
1. Go into your game and have a look at your shoreline - is it smooth or blocky.
2. Have a look at your config-log.txt - go to the bottom and see if boolProp enumerateMultisampleLevels true or false.

If it's true - you should be ok with your current Graphic Rules. If it's not - then you need to use the Hatabear rules that you downloaded previously.

3. Check the game with the updated rules - it should not crash and it should have the anti-alias on and all good things.
4. Regardless of whether it's good or not, come back and let me know what's happening. Smile

psymarc

It's likely that the server was down when you were trying to download them - the links have been used multiple times in the past and I've tested all of them.
Try to download them again, if you still have trouble my email is celebkiriedhel#yahoo#com (replace # with @ and .) and I will email you the one you need.

#402 24-07-2014 
  • Registered
I just checked it out and it doesn't work. I still can not change those settings. :c

#403 24-07-2014 
Strap -
1. can you post me up a config-log after you have used that graphic rules?

#404 24-07-2014 
  • Registered
Sure, here it is:

Attached File(s)
.txt  ADMIN-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 316)

#405 24-07-2014 
Strap - where did you put the graphic rules? The config-log.txt says that it's not being used. I have a trace in it that says 'Kiri' when it is.

#406 24-07-2014 
  • Registered
That's wierd, because I replace files exactly as u said, I even checked it.
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig"
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config"

EDIT: I didn't put both of them in Config file, now it works.
Thanks so much Kiri, u're the best! c:
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 03:42 PM by Strap.)

#407 24-07-2014 
Help me ):

#408 24-07-2014 
Thomazspears - looking into it for you - for the moment, if you have your game on Windowed - it should be able to take print screens. Alternatively, use the in-game picture taking option with the results on high.

#409 24-07-2014 
  • Registered
Ok so my problem is the first step there is no log file titled that for me :/ I just launched the sims 2 (it is the ultimate if that might be he problem) and then i when into a town then Closed The Sims 2 ultimate still not there should i uninstall Sims 2 ultimate and reinstall it or will i never be able to play sims 2 D:

#410 24-07-2014 
Hi @ALLTHESIMS
What O/S do you have? If it is Windows 7 or higher, then your play game may not actually be where you think it is.

@Eternal2ndKira - this is probably similiar for you (although I'm not that familiar with the windows O/S on a Mac).

When you are looking for the game play folder - you need to look in -

C:\Users\<nameofyourUserAccount>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

where the C:\ is whatever your main drive where your Operating System is sitting.

can you tell me if that is where you are looking?

@INateYou - can you post up your config-log.txt I want to check your options.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option