Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#511 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hello,
I've read basically every single thread about this issue and tried everything but nothing seems to work.
I think I have identified my problem: pets don't load in my Ultimate Edition The Sims 2. They are invisible, and every time I try to create one, the game crashes. It also crashes randomly while I'm playing.

Here's my System Information:

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium G2030 @ 3.00GHz 40 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
4,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock B75 Pro3-M (CPUSocket) 34 °C
Graphics
SMB1930HD (1360x768@60Hz)
512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (ASUStek Computer Inc) 41 °C
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 ATA Device (SATA) 32 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS15 ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
Dispositivo High Definition Audio

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attached File(s)
.txt  AXEL-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 300)

#512 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hey so I've tried the Intel fix on here but my game still seems to be having problems. Everytime I try to load up CAS it crashes. I've been running it as an administratior everytime, I've tried running it in different compatability modes (Windows 7, Windows Visa, and Windows XP) but this problem still occurs. I've installed the Intel fix and applied it. It didn't seem to be working so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and uninstalled it again - nothing just works for me.

I have an Intel ® HD Graphics card
I use Windows 8
and below I've posted my config-log with the fix applied

If you can help me I'll be forever grateful Smile
.txt  RAES-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.43 KB / Downloads: 343)

#513 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
Sorry for being a bother, but the option for snow on the ground reverts back to off instantly every time I set it. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

#514 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
1. Attached.

2. Windows 8.1

3. Every time I start the game the screen turns blue as if its going to have the EA games logo but after that it quickly turns black with the Sims 2 cursor that I can move freely and it freezes -goes in non responsive mode- I end up having to end it through task manager. I tried taking a screenshot but it ended up screening my desktop background? I have tried everything, I also had Sims 2 on this desktop before and it worked fine.

This is the Ultimate Collection by the way and I have uninstalled every Sims 2 game before the UC and I have reinstalled the UC multiple times.

I should add, I don't know how much this will help, but I feel it has something to do with my game. Remember when you'd click The Sims 2 icon and a launcher would come up that shows you what EP/SPs you have? That usually stopped responding if I didn't click "Play Game" quick enough, then the game would start and be fine. When I start the game the launcher doesn't pop up anymore and instead I get Mansion and Garden freezing http://i62.tinypic.com/ab18up.png. Hope this helps in anyway.

Also I cannot change the compatibility mode through properties, I have to do it through some other way. http://i57.tinypic.com/hx9406.png

Attached File(s)
.txt  HIBACYBER-config-log.txt (Size: 9.6 KB / Downloads: 285)
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 08:02 PM by HibaYea.)

#515 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hi !

First, thank you for the informations.

But I have a problem. I downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin, and when I run it, there are no districts, and if I try to play with the "first game", or the second, with the "learn to play" mode, there is a fatal error.
So I came here. But I'm French. And it's a litte bit difficut to follow all your instructions. After what I undertood, I think that my problem is that I havn't a config-log.txt, and apparently, I am not the only one.

But I still can't find it. Nowhere. Seriously, my head hurts...

I don't know if you can do something for me. But, here I am ^^

For information, I'm under windows 8 and I have an Nvidia Geforce (updated today) as Graphic card.

Have a nice w-e !

#516 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hi, guys. I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm not good with computers and would really appreciate your help. I'm having major difficulties getting the game to run. I can usually get as far as the main menu, but when I try to load a neighbourhood, the whole thing crashes. I've just installed the Ultimate Collection but had similar problems with the disc version as well. I have Windows XP and NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT. I've put Kiri's graphics rules in the correct folders. Here is my config-log file. Any ideas?

Attached File(s)
.txt  T-config-log.txt (Size: 10.41 KB / Downloads: 285)

#517 27-07-2014 
I just want to say THANK YOU, celebkiriedhel! I got a new PC two days ago with Windows 7 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770. I was expecting to face some difficulties getting it to work, but thanks to your excellent work it turned out to be super easy! My game looks awesome, smooth edges are available and so are all other settings! Thanks so much again! Smile

#518 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hello. I'm having trouble with the game. Mine keeps crashing. I have Windows 8.1 and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin, if that changes anything.

#519 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hi,

I am using VMware Fusion on my iMac and I installed The Sims 2 UC. But somehow the graphics are not correct. My neighborhood is grey, I miss textures and the grass around my house area is black.

I did have a flashing neighborhood and flashing walls. But that one was fine when I changed the "setb useSoftwareRasterizer true" to "setb useSoftwareRasterizer false."
But then I got other graphical issues. Attached some screens and my log.

Hopefully someone can help. Thnx!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  config-log.txt (Size: 10.57 KB / Downloads: 394)

#520 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
Please help me. I do not know what I am doing. My information is KURISUTINAA-config-log, I have windows 8.1 and the game crashes when I try to crate a family. I have the ultimate collection and i tried repairing the game and switching the capability mode but nothing works. Please help. Thank you!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option