Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#521 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
I'm confused on the first step, where exactly is that? I get to the logs but the file isn't there. Is that a pro blem??? Sad

#522 27-07-2014 
Hi Kiri,

1). See Attachment
2). I'm using Windows 8
3). The problem I'm having is that when I try to go into any Sims house, when it finishes loading the game crashes and I have to press ctrl/alt/del to exit the game.

The graphics run smooth, I've done everything else, not sure what to do. Hope you can help.

Attached File(s)
.txt  KIMBERLY_TANITH-config-log.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 283)

#523 27-07-2014 
@tori.crusan - need a config-log.txt

@laurenlu12lu - sorry, I'm not sure what's happening for you. I think you should bring this up with EA.

@crishax - config-log.txt please. I need to see what's happening after your change.

@r_jeff821 - you're welcome

@Becker - Don't need the graphic rules. Need the config-log.txt. Read the first post regarding shadow error. Are you using CC?

@Gameup - the problem is that your CPU is not up to it, which is why turning off things will help with the load. If you use the CPU-MED card that May help further, with the extra turning off.

@Daleylife - can I have a config-log.txt to see what is happening. Can you find the word 'Nama' in your config-log? I know this is frustrating, but we're working through the problem, and it will be worth it in the end.

@DJames - OK. Config-log says that you are using the right card now, and getting Hi-resolution. Have you pushed your smooth edges up to more?

@RafaelM - Smooth edges doesn't work if you haven't got the fix in first. To see the fix in first I need the Config-log.txt

@hypnoaxel - that sounds like you have an incomplete UC installation. Also did you have Sims2 Store edition first? Apparently that is not compatible with the UC. It might be worth your while to uninstall UC, and any other Sims2 stuff you have on your machine, and then reinstall UC.

@umiagna - You config log tells me that it's not reading the one with the fix. If it was, you would get a 'Kiri' in the trace. This suggests that you haven't installed it in the right place.
Can you double check that you've put it in the right place?
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

@simmyneutron - sorry, I don't know why it's doing that. I'll have to have look after the rush is over. (Very little, to no time at the moment to do any extra research) I hope you can live it with it for the time being?

@HibaYea - You're trying to change the compatibility mode on the shortcut - but you need to change it on the program itself. EP9.exe is the one.
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe

@Nistoory - Generally when there is stuff missing, it means that the installation is incomplete. People have found that this is because the language that the Origin account is, and the language you've installed are different. If you change your Origin Account language to the same language you want to install, you *should* get a complete installation.

@T for 1 - Do you have CC in your game? That can often cause crashing similiar to the way you are describing.

@Skoogy - you're welcome.

@Screaming Demon - Can't help without a config-log.txt See first post.

@MissSentinelli - Mac help. You need a special card. If you can wait for a couple of days, I will make you one. Because of all the people here - I don't have time at the moment.

@Cmoore9221 - I need you to attach the config-log.txt telling me the name isn't going to help me - the contents are.

@UsagiSB - This seems to be a problem that a few people are having. If you know your graphics card - try moving on from Step 2.

@KimberlyTabith - You need to use the INTEL fix from step 1 first. At the moment your game is running on low-res. Which may cause a problem.

FOLKS:

Just a reminder - it's the Config-log.txt that I need when you have problems, not the graphic rules. If you can't find the config-log.txt you need to tell me and we'll work around it. However this may be a problem that we need to raise with EA.

Also It's been shown that the Sims2 Store Edition is not compatible with the Ultimate Collection. So if your previous version was this one - then you won't be able to use any of your old hoods, and will have to start from scratch. If you have a problem with this - raise it with EA.

#524 28-07-2014 
Thank you for sticking with me. Here is my config file, and yes the word 'Nama' is there. FYI, I reinstalled the game and inserted the Intel med fix and still got the same result. For reference, the water in the neighborhood seems to be switching from high res to low res, sims are sometimes transparent or disappear altogether, I only have 800x600 resolution and SMOOTH EDGES is grayed out.

Attached File(s)
.txt  ERIC-HP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.41 KB / Downloads: 277)

#525 28-07-2014 
Hi Kiri,

I did the fix, game does indeed run faster and smoother, however it still crashes when I try to go into a Sims house to play .

#526 28-07-2014 
@KimberlyTanith it could just be that a complete TS2 is too much for your pc/laptop. How much RAM do you have?

#527 28-07-2014 
@leefish I have 8GB of RAM

#528 28-07-2014 
have you tried a deinstall and reinstall?

#529 28-07-2014 
I will give it a try...

#530 28-07-2014 
  • Registered
I just got the Origin full game edition and i can't play it, the games freezes right at the start screen where is says the " fun with pets" Can someone help?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option