Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#531 28-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hi Kiri,

I tried following the steps for your fix, but I have a bit of a problem: I can't find the GraphicRules.sgr file anywhere! I think that what my config-log tells me might be the reason why I can't find it. I says that my Intel HD Graphics card isn't found in my database :o

The main problem I'm having in my game is the crashing. When I go into CAS or build mode, my game crashes. If I set my settings to the highest graphics settings and go into CAS, my person doesn't show up and if I press the START button my game crashes :/

I miss my TS2 games so much, and this problem is what caused me to sell my physical copies in the first place! I was hoping that by the game being available on Origin that the team might have fixed it. I really hope you can figure out this problem!

Thanks,
Raye

Oh, and also I have Windows 8.1!

Attached File(s)
.txt  RAYE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 289)

#532 28-07-2014 
  • Registered
Thank you Smile

But in fact, I don't think the problem has a link with the languages...
My game is in french, Origin is in french and my computer is on french programation as well...

When I run the game, it also says something like.
"There could be some problems with runing the game because your HDD is almost full. Would you like to continue ?"

But that's wrong, dear computer, because my HDD is half empty u_u So, of course I want to continue.

Do you have any solution ? :/

#533 28-07-2014 
@Nistoory - Your HDD maybe half-empty - but if it's saying that it can't find the space, then it's not seeing it. And that IS a problem. How much space does your HDD have? I don't have a solution for this as yet. It will require me to do some research. Good to know that your system, game, and account are lined up - that crosses out that problem.

@rayesaunders - you can't find your graphic rules? Where are you looking? that you can get into the game at all means you have one, so it's not missing. The Config-log.txt is created by the graphic rules, so you wouldn't have the config. The 'Not in database' is not the problem - that just means that it's not in the video cards.sgr. And that doesn't matter for most problems. Good to know you have Windows 8.1 And you're running the game from mansion and Gardens. However, I need to know whether you have UC or not - because that affects where things are.

@joelbraz - I need to see your config-log.txt Can you go to first post and follow the first step. There is a good chance that we can fix it - but I'm not promising because this thread really only fixes graphics problems.

@KimberlyTanith - let me know how you get on. The other problem may be the whole incompatible with previous versions thing. Did you have Sims2 previously installed on this laptop? If not, and the reinstall doesn't help - I'll set you a card up with basically everything turned off except the anti-alias. And we'll see if that makes a difference.

@Daleylife - Looking at the config-log.txt that suggests that there is something else that's stopping things. I'm going to make you a new graphics card that will NOT fix the problem - but it will have trace in it to tell me what's causing the issue. What I want you to do, when I've done that - is stick this card into the game, go into the game, come back out and then attach the config-log.txt. EDIT: As i was going through it, I noticed that you had a texture memory of 32Mb. (You don't actually - this is a bug courtesy of Microsoft). I've attached a new graphic rules to the first post - called INTEL-MedCPU-MissingTexture. Load that one in and see how you go - it may fix it, and let you put in the smooth edges fix.
(This post was last modified: 28-07-2014 02:26 AM by celebkiriedhel.)

#534 28-07-2014 
  • Registered
I looked in This PC > OS ( C: ) > Program Files (x86) > EA GAMES > The Sims 2 > TSData > Res > and then from here my only option is the Objects folder :/ I'm not seeing it anywhere.

And yes, I have UC! Sorry, I meant to add that in the message as well lol.

#535 28-07-2014 
  • Registered
Here is my config-log.txt
hope you can help me out Tongue

Attached File(s)
.txt  JOELVAIO-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.4 KB / Downloads: 252)

#536 28-07-2014 
@rayesaunders you ARE looking in the wrong place. Because you have UC - you need to look in (as per the first page):

For the Ultimate collection - the folder selection is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

Note - the program files folder depends on whether your operating system is 32 bit, or 64 bit. So if you can't find it in Program Files (x86) look in the other one Program Files.

@joelbraz - ok. Your fix is in, and working as far as it can be. Try deleting the cache. Also if you had TS2 Store Edition previously, that would be a problem because the game hoods are not compatible. So In your game folder where you play it - rename your hood, and let it generate a fresh vanilla hood, and see if you can get past the starting page.

#537 28-07-2014 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel Oh my goodness, please forgive me! I'm doing three online courses to finish up my university degree and all of this course work causes me not to think straight. I totally didn't pay attention >.< thank you so much! I'm going to try your fix and see if it works! Thank you for putting up with me I really appreciate it c:

#538 28-07-2014 
  • Registered
Nope i just got the new origin complete pack. How can i delete the cache?
Thanks again for all the help

#539 28-07-2014 
@joelbraz
Have a look at this article in resources - [/url=http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3821]Clearing the Caches[/url]

@rayesaunders
No worries. Big Grin Let me know how you go - if we need to tweak we shall.

#540 28-07-2014 
  • Registered
Kiri, thanks for the feedback!
I attached my Config log!
Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  RAFAEL-config-log.txt (Size: 10.12 KB / Downloads: 289)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option