Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#751 22-08-2014 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

I wasn't able to get fullscreen working, but adding -r1600x900 actually worked to make it bigger! Thank you so much for that! I'll contact EA and see if I can get it to work, but just increasing the window size has already made things so much better. The funny thing is - it still only allows me to select 640x480 even though it's running in 1600x900. I have no idea what's going on, but here's a screenshot of what I mean:
[Image: 3170e98f66784f60b6196689d0315161.png]
Thank you so much for your help!
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2014 06:34 PM by dyno0919.)

#752 23-08-2014 
@dyno0919 Thanks for that - I was actually hoping to get more of your panel showing - to see if it was linked to anything else. But the important thing is that you can get a bigger screen. (It's pretty weird your problem).

#753 25-08-2014 
  • Registered
Hi,

I recently downloaded the Ultimate collection from Origin (july time) played for awhile, then left it.
Gone to play tonight and it wouldn't work. I repaired the game within origin.
I have windows 8.
I have done the Graphic_log but it doesnt seem to work.

My problem is when loading CAS, everytime i go to click on add a sim/pet it crashes.

Have attached Config log x

Attached File(s)
.txt  JAYMEE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.39 KB / Downloads: 323)

#754 26-08-2014 
@JaymeeMarie Have you tried the Graphic Rules Maker yet?

Your config-log says that you're using the original graphic rules - they haven't been changed.

BTW - What is Graphics_log?

#755 26-08-2014 
  • Registered
Sorry got all confused!
uploaded another Config-log

I have tried the Graphics Rule maker, but to be honest i have completley confused myself with it all.

Attached File(s)
.txt  JAYMEE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.37 KB / Downloads: 306)

#756 26-08-2014 
@JaymeeMarie
OK. I can see your graphic rules has been updated in the second config-log.
Your Video Cards.sgr hasn't though. And back a few 10's of pages someone said that the video card.sgr made a difference for crashing in CAS.

Download Video Cards.sgr

Pop this card into the same place as you put the graphic rules - that is your config and csconfig folder.

That may help. Make sure that you put it in the csconfig folder - that's the one that CAS and Bodyshop uses.

#757 26-08-2014 
  • Registered
Hi Kiri,

I just want to say thank you so much for all the help you've provided in this thread. I'm ecstatic to have my game working properly again!!! It's people like you that make the sims community so awesome!

#758 27-08-2014 
  • Registered
Hello

My first time on this web i visited other for help and it lead me to nothing all the comment ive read here convinced me that you guys got all the solution from every sims problem so i was hoping that you could help me too. A month ago i downloaded sims2 i think this is origin since i got only 3 maps. Inoticed the graphics are off i mean really terrible since im using vista and it is normal since the game is not compatible with my latop. I found out that you can improve the sims2 by editing some files which i saw on youtube so i did and it help me alot and my sims got alot better they got details but my biggest concern was the walls and flooring of the house their like a big chuck of solid color and the floors are squares. i did every search i could and tried and all failed me, so i was hoping that ou guys can give some solution to my problem than

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  REXHERRERA-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 8.34 KB / Downloads: 342)

#759 27-08-2014 
@blackimarixxx

The reason why your game looks like this - is because you have a card that is not supported by the game. Basically the game is set up for Radeon, NVidia and Intel. There are few smaller graphic card vendors but not yours.

I've tried to add the vendor for someone else previously but it didn't work.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to resolve every sims problem. This one you need to take to EA. Their help section is here

#760 27-08-2014 
  • Registered
@Celebkiridhel Thank you, CAS is working now :-)

Thank you for all you work, really appreciate it :-)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option