Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#761 28-08-2014 
  • Registered
I have the sims 2 UC from Origin and can't get my screen out of 800x600..when I found your solution I did it and it worked..all the sizes were back and everything was working great at first, but my game started crashing and I didn't know why..So I did a "repair" through Origin and what it did was remove that file I made and put back the original one and now my graphics are back to 800x600 and everything looks horrible and pixelated again...How can I fix this and not have my game crashing on me...my graphics card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 running Win 7..can you help me?
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2014 05:40 PM by LadyUcci.)

#762 29-08-2014 
@LadyUcci
Hi - you need to pop up your config-log.txt so I can see what's happening. Also I need to know a bit more information about when it is crashing.

The graphic rules card that you put in didn't cause the crashing. Crashing can occur for many reasons, so we'll work through it together and sort it out.

#763 29-08-2014 
  • Registered
well to be honest it crashes at random times, build mode, live mode, pretty much whenever it wants to I guess..but I wish I hadn't done the repair on it first before coming here cause now my log.txt won't list when or why it crashed..I don't have the graphic rules card in now cause after I did the repair and it took it away I stop playing for the day cause I was mad..but anyways here is the txt file. Thank you for any and all help, I appreciate it very much Smile

#764 31-08-2014 
  • Registered
Loads EA Logo, then the introductory screen of the Sims
.txt  NIKKIS-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.66 KB / Downloads: 278)
.txt  NIKKIS-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 9.66 KB / Downloads: 278) however stops after that if i skip intro then i get blue screen. There is no load up screen or music. I have tried all helps and tips however still not working please help!!!

#765 31-08-2014 
  • Registered
Hi all.

I just installed my SSD drive with a fresh copy of Windows 7 and installed all my Sims 2 disk again and now Sims 2 sees what card I have and I don't have to do any thing to fix it other than having to put shadows down to med.

Nvidia GTX 660 with the new driver 340.52.

Before this driver came out I had to fix the SGR but not this time.

#766 02-09-2014 
  • Registered
I've been tweeking my graphics rules, but I still can't seem to get the flickering to go away or the smooth edges to un-grey out so I can make changes. I tried using the tool to see if it would have worked, but then the game wouldn't start because of a direct x error. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Graphics Rules.zip (Size: 7.09 KB / Downloads: 330)
.txt  D-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.4 KB / Downloads: 292)

#767 03-09-2014 
  • Registered
So I just got a new computer and was having the usual Windows 8.1 problems of flickering and bad terrain. Well I fixed those but now I have black oxes under my sims. Now I know how to fix this, for it happened when I first started the game. So I turned down my settings to medium. But now, my settings are set to off and I'm still getting black boxes, which wernt there until I fixed the terrain and flickering. Please help.

#768 03-09-2014 
  • Registered
Hello, I have recently installed The Sims 2 on my new ACER Aspire V5 and I have a problem. Whenever I use INTEL graphics card to run the game, it works fine except for ugly graphics. Unfortunately when I run it from NVIDIA Geforce 850M graphics card, the game shows E_INVALIDARG error and turns off.

I have already tried compatibility settings and using Graphics Rules Maker, but I cannot get TS2 to work anyway. I have also checked this very thread for answers, but none of them did work. My both graphics card and CPU seems to be just about fine to run TS2 on highest settings. It runs Tomb Raider 2013 on high.

Here's my config-log.

.txt  Caesum_lap-config-log.txt (Size: 10.2 KB / Downloads: 288)

Do you know what can I do? I'm writing a story in TS2 and I'd love to finish it.

#769 03-09-2014 
@MikoTheBrony
I need two things from you to work out what's happening -

I need a screenshot of what's actually happening, and I need a copy of your config-log.txt from your My documents game folder.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 10:15 AM by celebkiriedhel.)

#770 03-09-2014 
Merged threads.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option