Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#901 30-12-2014 
No worries BO - EA were very slack with their programming in Sims 3. I was actually seriously shocked that they left this open for problems. Sims 3 has a lot of problems with Error 12 and the Blue Screen of Death, and interestingly enough it gets all stuttery and hangs and so on, even if you play it with only EA content - so I'm not surprised that Sims 4 went back to Sims 2 recolours and so on. It's a game that was too big for what the technology can cope with, and they didn't allow time or analysis to fit it in its limitations.

#902 01-01-2015 
Do I have to open The Sims 3 from Sims3-Start all the time?

So the FPS limit is 29?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015 12:09 AM by Simmerfan28.)

#903 01-01-2015 
If you want the FPS limiter to do its work, then you BET you need to start your game from the new shortcut ALL THE TIME. That's what it was created for, after all. Smile

#904 01-01-2015 
Ah ok, Thanks!

#905 01-01-2015 
BO is correct Smile

#906 04-01-2015 
I have another question, Ok so I heard that The Sims 2 was poorly coded and that corruption can easily occur, fort example. apparently if you delete a family in the sim bin it won't really delete everything, and the things that weren't deleted will cause your game to corrupt because EA coded it wrong, is that true? Did EA fix it?

#907 04-01-2015 
I wouldn't call it poorly coded - but yes, you can corrupt your hood if you delete played families from the lot or sim bin. EA never fixed it. The amount of corruption depends on how much that family has interacted with other families. The problem is that memories, events and so on - they are linked between sims, so deleting it from one sim leaves a problem because the other sim still has the link but now it's linked to no-one. The game fixes this by putting in a dummy sim to link to. The problem is that the dummy sim isn't a real sim so it ends up corrupting the sim left behind in the long term. None of this will corrupt your hood straight away. And in fact, if you are careful about how you start up your hood, it will take years and years to corrupt.

If you are wanting to get rid of sims in the lot/sim bin that are pre-mades, the time to do them is before the hood as been played.
If you are wanting to get rid of sims in the lot/sim bin that are played sims - instead of deleting them - repurpose them using sim-surgery.

#908 04-01-2015 
... and additionally, if you want to get rid of corruption that is caused by sims that you previously deleted in this incorrect manner and prevent future corruption at least partially, then download and install my BO - No Sim Loaded mod. It may not exactly fix everything, but it certainly dramatically decreases the amount of manual work you'll have to do in SimPE. Big Grin

#909 04-01-2015 
Ooo thanks BO! I didn't know that one! Puts it on my list of hacks to have in game. Smile (I run my game with very few hacks)

#910 04-01-2015 
Well, it wasn't made with fighting corruption in mind, so it's not an obvious tool for this specific purpose. But when you need to go in and DIY, you'll be wrestling through millions of memories as well. And incidentally, that's where this mod mostly does its work, too; getting rid of anything that is superfluous or broken, or downright useless. Especially in older hoods, that may be a LOT indeed.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option