Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#391 23-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hiya Kiri,

I've downloaded the Ultimate version from Origin this evening, and after reading through the tweak guides I found, managed to apply the resolution fixes and get the Smooth Edges scroll bar ungreyed, but no matter how much I change it, the antialasing doesn't seem to be kicking in (I have it under application control on my CCC, but the edges still appear to be very rough), and I'm a bit confused by some of the instructions I found on a 'sleepyD2K' guide for tweaking the graphics file. Is there a rule set I can download for my card? (ATI dual graphics 8610M (768MB) + 8000 series (2GB), laptop is Win 8.1 8GB.

Thanks muchly in advance for any assistance you're able to provide!

Attached File(s)
.txt  JINXONE-config-log.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 316)

#392 23-07-2014 
  • Registered
Thank you for your prompt answer celebkiriedhel

I tried the files you suggested, and I made sure that 1) the .cache's were deleted,2) I opened the game with WinXp Service Pack 3 Compability,3) inserted the configs in the Mansion and Garden Stuff folder (since that is the CD I use to open the game)

I use the good old physical copy Sims 2, and the error is still occuring :/
I included the most current error file.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2014.07.24 00.25.52.txt (Size: 13.65 KB / Downloads: 327)

#393 24-07-2014 
Mandarine
Where in the Mansion and Garden Stuff folder did you put them?
\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Config\
\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

Jinxicuri - please use the one that I've linked for mandarine.
Put it in this folder:
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

#394 24-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hi! Thank you for your help!
...but is it normal that it's impossible to download the fixes? The links don't work... Sad

Thanks

#395 24-07-2014 
I've been playing the Ultimate Collection for about a week now and I just bought my sims a career reward koi pond. But there aren't any koi in it. I removed all my cc/mods to see if something was conflicting with the fish animation, but it wasn't that. All of my graphical settings are turned on the highest possible so I don't know what the issue could be. It makes me wonder what other animations I'm missing that I haven't realized yet.

#396 24-07-2014 
Hi Kiri, i'm back xD

I'm having a problem.. I can't take print screens! When I take print screens and go to paste the pic but it dosnt show, only what is oppened together with the game (like the wallpaper) shows......

Can you help me? Thanks Smile

#397 24-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hello celebkiriedhel,

I'm having the flashing purple neighborhood and flashing red walls problem everyone else seems to be having on the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin. I have downloaded it on a virtual machine through Parallels on my Macbook Air. I would send you my log files, but it seems I have no log folder to begin with where specified.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2014_07_24_at_12_37_30_AM.png]

Please help.

#398 24-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hii!!I recently downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and every time I enter the game and start creating a sim it breakes and relate a problem called EP9
I would love if someone could help me >.<
nevermind heheh,I followed the first page steps and it worked...Sorry for the disturbance and thank you very much

Attached File(s)
.txt  USUARIO-config-log.txt (Size: 10.09 KB / Downloads: 307)
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2014 08:56 AM by lana97.)

#399 24-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hey kiri

Yes, I did exactly as instructed - I saved the untampered config files, put yours in the config and cs config and tried to start up the game.
I tried starting it up without downloads, saved sims and neighborhoods, and I tried starting it up with the old files again.
Seems like I broke it good @@ I'll be back when I reinstalled everything because I seriously don't know what could have happened

#400 24-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hello everybody! My english is very bad, hope u'll get it.
I have problem with The Sims 2, I download it yesterday from Origin. I played The Sims 2 many years ago and I had never problems like that. I can't use smooth edges, shadows, they are in gray color. And as I said, I never had problem with that on my old computer and notebook.
My actrual graphic card is: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3350P CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10GHz
Dunno what to say more. If u need more info about my computer, let me know.
I tryed do some changes in VideoCapture.ini and config-log.txt but nothing helped.
I'll appreciate any help as well, I am lost. Thanks. c:

PS: Everybody is posting config-log.txt file, so here is mine. xD

Attached File(s)
.txt  ADMIN-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 275)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option