Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#1231 29-11-2015 
  • Registered
Hello, I have a problem with snow in my game. My sims can interact with the snow, they can play snowball fight and build snowman etc. However, the snow either show up very lightly on ground or no show at all. I have attached my config log for your review. Thank you in advance!

Attached File(s)
.txt  AMANDA-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 643)

#1232 09-12-2015 
I don't have/can't find config-logs at all - Maybe because I can never get that far?

Windows 7 64 bit. Running as admin in windows 7 compatibility mode. When I launch from the CD I get the activex 9.0 error message. WHen I launch from the C: drive using the Sims2EP9 file in the TSBin, it starts the launch process, goes through the whole intro video and then at that blu screen where the squares blink on and off while it's loading - no blinking just freezes there. I always have to go to my task manager and end the process.

I've updated the graphic rules which at least stopped the activeX message when I launch from the C: drive (vs. the disk). And I can get it to work as long as I use Apartment as the most recent but as soon as I install the Mansions and Gardens, that's when it stops working. I have no custom content at all and I have all original disks/codes. I'm clueless as to how to proceed. I have Sims 3 and 4 but I just really like Sims 2 best and I really want to use the Mansions staircases and windows and plants!

Oh and I have PLENTY of memory and RAM.

#1233 30-12-2015 
  • Registered
I'm running Windows 8.1

Obviously nothing is happening and I've been looking all over.

[Image: af53f01bbf9f43d3f776e75475c53c19.png]

This is the popup that comes up after my game "starts". I definitely can run the game as per hardware requirements, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I've tried the graphics maker but nothing would work.

Anything helps!! Thank you!

Attached File(s)
.txt  ENGLE-config-log.txt (Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 587)

#1234 04-01-2016 
  • Tea Drinker
In case people haven't seen it, this mod fixes the sim shadows problem by restoring proper, working sim shadows indoors and outdoors(!): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569585

#1235 05-01-2016 
(09-12-2015 06:53 PM)gnd968 Wrote:  When I launch from the CD I get the activex 9.0 error message. WHen I launch from the C: drive using the Sims2EP9 file in the TSBin, it starts the launch process, goes through the whole intro video and then at that blu screen where the squares blink on and off while it's loading - no blinking just freezes there. I always have to go to my task manager and end the process.

One thing that comes to mind is this: You should start from the C: drive, NOT from the CD/DVD. BUT!!! The CD/DVD *must* be in the drive for it to work properly, UNLESS you have the no-CD exe. And if you run any game BV or up, it is HIGHLY recommended that you do indeed get the no-CD exe, in order to avoid getting SecuROM on your system, which will cause a lot of problems that you do NOT want to know about unless it's already to late.

#1236 05-01-2016 
Hey folks, Will be updating this thread in the next 2-3 days. Sorry about the wait. I'm going to be working backwards from the last post to the last time I was able to do anything. So if I haven't mentioned you as I'm going, don't fret. I'll leave a message when I think I'm finished, so if you haven't been mentioned by then, then remind me.

#1237 06-01-2016 
@Magpie
Normally I would tell you to post this on the Windows 10 thread, but seeing as I've been gone for a while, I'll answer it here.
You need to download Video Card for Intel Device no 0116

Load it in the same place as you have your graphic rules and let it over-write the existing one.
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

@CuddleKitties
Your config-log.txt is set up to show snow. So if you're getting the snow it should show.
Do you have any mods for weather or a weather controller in game? That would effect the snow layer.

@gnd968
When you say it just freezes - how long do you wait for it before you close it down? Sims 2 does freeze while it is setting up the neighbourhood and that takes up to 10 minutes the first time.

@primad0x
Unfortunately I don't have enough information from your config-log.txt because it is crashing before it sets it up.
Can you run a dxdiag for me please?

NOTE:

I AM CLOSING THIS THREAD AND WILL BE OPENING UP INDIVIDUAL THREADS IN OUR NEW GRAPHICS FORUM.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 03:31 AM by celebkiriedhel.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option