Low calorie cooking spray
1 onion, halved and sliced
1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
100g broccoli, cut into florets
100g baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
200g asparagus tips, sliced diagonally

Method

1 Mix the garlic, ginger, 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce and the soy sauce in a bowl. Add the chicken, stir to coat well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Spray a large non-stick wok or frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked and browned. Lift out the chicken and keep warm.
3 Clean the wok with kitchen paper and respray with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onion, carrot, red pepper and broccoli and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the sweetcorn, asparagus, chicken, remaining oyster sauce and 200 ml of water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. The vegetables should be slightly softened but still crisp.
4 This is fantastic served hot with your favourite noodles or rice.

#72 13-12-2018 
So we seem to have some keen cooks on leefish, so I thought to resurrect this topic sort of Smile

Does anyone watch Masterchef the Professionals (UK version)?

My favourite bit is the skills test where Marcus and Monica show how to make a dish in 15-20 minutes and then make the poor chefs do it. One of my all time faves is Monica and the cods head.

Who knew there was such a nice piece of fish hidden in that ugly head? I wait for @Pizzatron-9000 to report back on how he made kibbeling from a real cods head Big Grin

#73 13-12-2018 
(13-12-2018 07:29 AM)leefish Wrote:  I wait for @Pizzatron-9000 to report back on how he made kibbeling from a real cods head Big Grin
Pfft. You'll be waiting until the stars burn out! Fish heads go where every other scrap of gristle, bone or other nastiness goes: Either I toss it to the chickens and let them eat it, I toss it to the crows and let them eat it (because crows will chase the hawks away from my chickens, so I like having crows around), or I bury it in the garden and let the cactus eat it. Fish flanks are good enough for my dinner guests, thanks! Tongue

I'll be back with that update on December 26th, though. Smile

#74 13-12-2018 
Not sure I could be bothered to do that to be honest.

#75 13-12-2018 
@Karen Lorraine I am sure I couldn't be bothered do it either. Interesting to know about things like that though Smile You might like Marcus' demonstrations more, he is less out there than Monica.

#76 14-12-2018 
Yes, definitely useful to know. This prawn dish looks yummy.

Sorry, that is a members only option