What are you cooking right now?
#11 07-03-2014 
YUM! I'll be right over... Smile
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#12 12-03-2014 
Lemon and Garlic Chicken

Super easy - feeds 2.

Ingredients
4 chicken thigh fillets
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 crushed garlic cloves.

Equipment
Fry pan/griddle pan
(Griddle pan is nice because it makes pretty lines on the meat)

Method
Clean any bits of fat and tubes and stuff off the chicken thighs and flatten them out a bit
Mix the lemon juice and garlic in a bowl and marinate the thighs in the mix for 30 mins.
Heat up a griddle pan over a medium heat.
Put the chicken in - sear on both sides then reduce heat to low, turning the chicken occasionally.
Cook the chicken for 25 mins.

Goes great with wild rice and steamed broccoli.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#13 12-03-2014 
* mustluvcatz does maths

SO.. 20 chicken thighs at the very least. Might have to cut back on the garlic a bit cuz 15 cloves would be a bit much. And I'd have to come up with something for "I hate broccoli" Josh.. but yeah. Sound like something the kids would like. And I DO have a griddle pan, a cast iron* one that I love at that! Smile

*I got that pan at a yard sale for a whole dollar. Other people were passing it up because it was all rusty and gross looking. I thought "Hellooooo people. A nice scrub with steel wool and a reseasoning will fix that pan right up!" but wisely kept my thought to myself and snapped that pan up to take home with me. *loves her cast iron* It's heavy and I need both hands to pick it up, but I can deal with that cuz CAST IRON!

#14 13-03-2014 
(12-03-2014 11:52 PM)mustluvcatz Wrote:  I thought "Hellooooo people. A nice scrub with steel wool and a reseasoning will fix that pan right up!" ... It's heavy and I need both hands to pick it up, but I can deal with that cuz CAST IRON!
IKR? I did the same - 'cept I think I paid a whole $5 for mine. LOVE it!!!
Another favorite pan of mine came from Disney's 'Property Control' - used company items - it's a 16" prof. quality anodized searing/frying pan. It has a few scratches, but it is a beaut! I think it was $3. Just about every meal is created in one of those two pans. LOL!

@leefish - Is there any salt in the marinade? Or the lemon and garlic are enough? I love garlic! ...and lemon Wink
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#15 13-03-2014 
I seem to have seasonal dishes. All winter I was eating kuku-frittata (greens and herbs fill up a baking pan and eggs to barely bind it together) and gratin (sliced root vegies baked with milk and cheese). Now I don't want to eat those anymore. I seem to be eating greens sauteed with garlic, raisins and wine a lot. And lentils or garbanzos, with onions, garlic, parsley and whatever herbs are producing enough at the moment.

#16 13-03-2014 
@CatherineTCJD nope, no salt. Just lemon and garlic.

We got our griddle from B's mother - she used it all her life. It is of course cast iron. Big Grin

@ritaxis That sounds like a couple of nice dishes. Maybe share the recipe?

#17 13-03-2014 
Not sure I would be able to lift a cast iron frying/griddle pan with my weak wrists.
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#18 13-03-2014 
I cooked fish and chips today for 3 hungry kids and me, I was babysitting.

1. Let your friend cut up all the potatoes. Smile (And put the fish in the oven - fish was crumbed from a packet). Then wave goodbye as her and hubby go out to dinner and playing games. Smile
2. Discover that there isn't enough oil to deep fry them (internally have a sigh of relief, because unhealthy - but it's her kids and that's the way they do them - and she's generally super-healthy everywhere else).
3. Shallow fry them in oil to make them brownish like chips.
4. Put them in the oven dish with the fishes, and let the oven cook them.
5. Serve with a tin of Beetroot, and watch 3 kids completely consume the lot in 5 minutes flat.

#19 25-03-2014 
Grilled Cheese a la Sim

Yes, I got the recipe from watching my sim in game.

Ingredients
2 slices of bread
butter
mustard
slices of cheese (I use a handy cheese slicer gadget)

Equipment
Handy slicer gadget
Frypan and fishslice/spatula thing
(yes and butter knife but lets not get ridiculous)

Method
Butter the bread on one side only (butter both pieces)
Put bread slices on top of each other (buttered sides touching)
Slice some cheese and layer it over the top piece of bread
Spread some mustard over the cheese
Assemble sandwich so the buttered sides are facing out.
Preheat frypan (no oil - look at all that butter....)
Put sandwich in pan.
Flip sandwich a few times (I use a fish slice) until bread is browned and cheese is melted.

Eat. Go make another one. Eat that too. Tell everyone about grilled cheese sandwich. MAKE MANY.

#20 25-03-2014 
lol. "MAKE MANY" That's the option I usually choose from "my personal" pie menu with 3 kids and a husband who just keeps on eating (and never gains anything...)

Sorry, that is a members only option