What are you cooking right now?
#31 27-06-2015 
...But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children...

[Image: th?id=JN.5DtF8fm1QgGTFxycgrWNcA&...mp;amp;P=0]

...and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

#32 30-08-2015 
Updating with a picture of my cauliflower cheese Smile A bit of a fancier recipe for the sauce on this one; infused the milk and then made a roux and added the sauce. Very nice, the cauliflower is really the star of the show in this dish when you taste it, though it looks like a cheese extravaganza.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#33 30-08-2015 
I'm liking the picture but I've never liked cauliflower or macaroni cheese.

#34 30-08-2015 
Current favourite cooking method - Rice Cooker.

Take 1 Rice Cooker
Put in 1 cup Rice, 1 cup lentils, 3 cups stock - I use Beef style, Vegetables cut into small pieces (carrot, Cauliflower, broccoli) - pumpkin and sweet potato works as well if diced, cabbage. Curry powder, or other powdered herbs to taste. I like curry for the kick.

Press the button on for cook.
Wait until it clicks off to Warm.

Put in plate and toss - garnish with black pepper.
Eat.

Easy, tasty diinner.

#35 30-08-2015 
My temper. It's on a very slow simmer right now... (Kids for sale, anyone interested?)

#36 30-08-2015 
I'll say no thanks to the kids, but I would try that cauliflower even though I'm not usually a cauliflower fan. It looks tasty all smothered in cheese. In fact it might go well with kiri's rice dish.

#37 03-09-2015 
Today I tried making scones for the first time ever.

Used this recipe, but added cinnamon and a diced peach, and used canola oil instead of butter.....

.....and it actually worked! They're soft and delicious! OMG! Yummy fresh baked scones! Celebrate

#38 03-09-2015 
I love scones, but I've always used the 'rubbed in' method to add my margarine/butter to the flour.

#39 03-09-2015 
Butter, butter all the way Smile I see a recipe with margarine - I make it butter. I see a recipe with oil, I look suspicious and consider melting butter.

On the linked recipe - some mixed reviews there fansee - did you really use 5 teaspoons of baking powder???

#40 03-09-2015 
I simulated the "rubbed in" butter by slowly drizzling the oil and mixing it in little by little to get the clumpy sand texture they always show on TV. Oh and I used slightly less oil than the 3/4 cup butter it calls for. Wasn't sure it would work but it did, and I don't miss the butter! Would add a second peach next time (or whatever fruit is on hand) but otherwise they're great.

And yes @leefish I did use 5 teaspoons of baking powder. It's the main rising agent so I guess you need a lot? IDK it worked well, and I've never made anything like this before.

* fanseelamb shrugs and bites into soft yummy scone

Sorry, that is a members only option