Tara Kat is missing...
#1 20-03-2014 
Maybe she just stepped out to get more milk for her fluffy fur-baby brood? But, when I went to her house for the introductory visit (to use the batbox on her memories and plastic surgerize her) she was gone. The three cats were there all by themselves - and no record of Tara in the family tree. Uh oh...

Background: I just reset my hoods and am using Tarlia's clean hoods with the clean Kat and Kim families; Kat was located to P-ville, Kims are in Desiderata, I think.
I haven't started "playing" anyone yet. No one has 'met' anyone else yet. Though, I'm about to start actually playing.

Is my hood corrupted already?
Should I start over - and not include the Kat or Kim families?

Help???
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#2 21-03-2014 
That sounds like Tara wasn't installed properly. I'd try reinstalling her. That doesn't sound like a corruption more like she was removed.

#3 21-03-2014 
Whew! OK.
...Do I re-S2CPI the whole lot? Or, just her? I know I'm playing with fire here, and I do NOT know what I'm doing - singeing is inevitable *sigh*

Thank you! XOX :hugs:
My Etsy shop

#4 21-03-2014 
Let me check... and can I have the link to Tarlia's clean hoods? I want to see what's up, first before I suggest anything.

#5 21-03-2014 
Here ya go - http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

THANK you!!!
My Etsy shop

#6 21-03-2014 
OK. I had a look. I would suggest re-installing just the Kat family. When you do it, before you click install make sure that

a. Tara Kat is actually in the Sims2Pack, when you open up the pack with Sims2pack Clean Installer. Everything in the pack needs to go there.
b. Kat and Kim Family Rar is 2842Kb, if it's radically less than that, you've got a corrupted rar, and will need to re-download.
c. when you install the house, can you let me know if Tara is in the picture of the lot? She should be, and if she isn't that would suggest that there is a corruption of that Sims2pack.

I downloaded the rar, and installed it into my test game, and it was fine - apart from the cats having sunk into the floor. They came up as soon as I set it to play. (My game opens lots on pause).
So the sims2pack should work.

I'd open it in a test hood first, to make sure it's good, and then if it is - open it in your actual hood.

#7 21-03-2014 
What do I do with the existing house and 3 cats? If I move out and bulldoze.... isn't that a VBT?
My Etsy shop

#8 21-03-2014 
If they haven't met anyone yet, they should be fine to delete. As always. If others have memories of them, that would be problematic.

Sorry, that is a members only option