Kids Say the Darnedest Things...
#1 01-04-2014 
As any of you who have ever talked to me know, I am the mother of a madhouse Wink Three girls, ages 7, 5 and 2. We also have an insane kitten (most are though). I just thought this might be a fun thread for myself and the rest of you to post funny kid (human or furry) stories. They don't even have to be your own kids, lol. I'm going to kick it off with a story about our oldest, my step daughter Savannah. Since Easter is coming up it's an apt story.

When Vannah was probably 3, we were going to dye eggs for Easter. When I told her we were going to dye eggs she got a very sad look on her face and asked me "Why them have to die?!" Since then, I have started saying we are going to color eggs Tongue No more dying for us. Didn't have the heart to tell her they were already dead...
a.k.a amotheroffourgirlswhosslowlylos​​singhermindmoreandmoreveryday

#2 01-04-2014 
A story from my youth Tongue

When I was a little 'un (age 6 or so) we lived in a terraced house. It had a cobbled backstreet and weeds used to grow between the cobbles - in the "nicks". My job was to go out and pull out all the weeds from between the cobbles. As you can imagine, it was boring and tedious and it used to take me ages and I usually had the worlds sulkiest face whilst doing this job. One day our neighbour saw me out there pulling weeds and felt sorry for me. So she told me that she had a secret and I should tell my mum.

Except I misunderstood, and when I ran inside to tell my mother I told her that if we poured salt in our knickers we would not wee anymore.......

Yea, they drag this story out EVERY time I bring a friend home to meet family.

#3 01-04-2014 
Haha, that's too funny, Lee Tongue

Just a few days ago, Bailey, who's 5, groaned as she was getting up off the floor and said "Ugh, I'm too old..." I said "Really, kid?" She just laughed Wink

#4 01-04-2014 
(01-04-2014 04:10 AM)leefish Wrote:  Yea, they drag this story out EVERY time I bring a friend home to meet family.
So now you have a new job. Wink

#5 01-04-2014 
Story from my youth...

I think I was about 11 - telling another kid that we were like camels. Camels kept water in their humps, and we kept water and food in our butts. Big Grin The Left side was water, and the right side was food. Big Grin

#6 01-04-2014 
When I was little I used to think that when you ate food there were some little men in your tummy that pieced it all back together again. So, you couldn't eat half a slice of bread or just a bit because how were the little men going to be able to piece it all back together again?
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#7 02-04-2014 
I am a mom to a 2.5-year-old and while she doesn't say too much that is comprehensible (she's trying hard though), what she does say is absolutely hilarious.

So we were over my in-laws for a few days and she is forbidden from the kitchen (for obvious reasons), and she knows this, but...she's a 2-year-old and she's gonna do it anyways just to test us. So she went into the kitchen today, and this is how it went.

Dad-in-law: Hey! Are you supposed to be in the kitchen?!
Her: No!
Dad-in-law: Then why are you in there?
Her: *shrugs and walks away*

Sometimes she'll stub her toe, say "oh rubbish, it hurt", then start hopping (we're trying to nip that one in the butt really quick) Or she'll pull a Family Guy and go "ssssss...ahhhh" multiple times.

Then today for dinner, we made meatball sandwiches and I gave her her own. Instead of eating it, she took a hoagie bun, opened it up, then put the remote in it. Then proceeded to try to eat it. I couldn't stop laughing.

#8 02-04-2014 
Your stories are wittyBig Grin
I share a riddle by 5-year old me.
What is made of metal, has legs and is topped by lid?

#9 02-04-2014 
A Grill?

#10 02-04-2014 
NoSmile,keep guessing
A little hint - it's alive

Sorry, that is a members only option