Skunk as pet ;)
#11 04-04-2014 
@CatherineTCJD : No, it can't hurt to ask. Smile

@celebkiriedhel : It's actually a cat's mesh with a new coat attached to it, and with some altered BHAVs and ANIMs so it won't behave like a normal cat. Cats will allow a sim to pet them. The skunk must not do that, for example. And yes, the sound file is different as well. A skunk doesn't Meow.

#12 04-04-2014 
I want to make a skunk that looks like a skunk (correct head shape and tail), sounds like a skunk (doesn't meow) and allows itself to be petted and 'owned' by a family. Oh, and doesn't spray - 'cause he's domesticated/scent glands removed.
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#13 04-04-2014 
The thought that I was having... was about doctoring a specific pet file, rather than creating a new pet type.

So trying to work out if it was possible, and what would be needed to change. I don't know if the sims package points to the audio or not, but if it did, then it may be just a matter of pointing it to the skunk sounds instead.

The Mesh shape - that can be changed using sims surgery for the head... I'm not sure about the body.

I'm in the mood to have a bit of a fiddle today.

It would still be a cat - but it would look and sound like a skunk.

Not spraying, and being petted and owned by a family comes with a normal cat - so that doesn't need to be changed.

#14 04-04-2014 
Right! That's kinda how I was thinking - everything is already in the game, it's just not quite set up for a 'pet' skunk.

Play away! Big Grin And, let me know what/where I can help Smile
Proud member of LeeFish since Sep 2013. Angel
My Etsy shop
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, ...do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

#15 04-04-2014 
There's also that little dog pen that came in Apartment Life.... it works kind of like the bird or hamster cage, more like an object than a full-on pet, but your sim can play with the little dog. Maybe you could replace the dog mesh with the Maxis skunk mesh, and remove any barking sounds? TBH I've hardly used it at all so am not sure how well it would work but it may be worth investigating.

Sorry, that is a members only option