- invisible when the camera is below them - will not be seen in your pics
- visible when the camera is above them - easy to place, move, delete
- can be placed almost anywhere with no cheats - indoors, outdoors, over weird stuff, on top of each other, etc.
- use "moveobjects on" cheat to place on beaches
- use "boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false" cheat to place in common areas of apartment lots
- make sure you're on the ground level (press "page down" a few times) if you have trouble deleting lights placed outdoors
Requirements: The pink lamp (light from below) requires the Open for Business expansion. Sorry about that. I cloned it from an OFB lamp because it was my fave lamp to use for lighting pics, and I didn't really have sharing in mind when I originally made these. The yellow lamp (light from above) is basegame compatible.
Tested? Yeeaah. I've been using these for at least a year in all my pics. I love them so figured someone else might like to have them too. However, it was only a few days ago that I managed to get the pink light's thumbnail to work, and remove the outdoor shadow from the yellow light. So those bits haven't been quite so thoroughly tested. Please do report any issues.
Price: $0 ....but sometimes $1? Yeah IDK it's super weird but doesn't really matter.
Catalog Location: Ceiling Lamps
Polygon Counts: Light from Above = 5 polys; Light from Below = 6 polys
Thank you! To all the lovely fishes who helped in my WIP thread for this project a whole year ago. Eeesh I'm slow.
Nov 4, 2015 Update: Fixed the “light from below” (pink) light so it appears properly in the community buy catalog, next to the “light from above” (yellow) one. Please redownload to get the fix.
File Updated 04-11-2015