Sims4 rants and raves
#121 08-07-2014 
Well you know how we'd been complaining that sims look nice in CAS but lose detail in the actual game? To me it looks like they've downgraded CAS so that the sims look the same as they do in game. I noticed that in other recent CAS posts too.

I don't think that's a bad thing actually. I think it's a good thing that sims in CAS will look how they'll look in game. (If that's actually what's going on.) It will make it much easier to get a sim looking how you want, and less disappointing than if you put them in game and they look way worse than they did in CAS.

Now if only they had upgraded the game to match CAS instead, but I guess it's a performance issue. And there's no point in a gorgeous game that won't run on the average player's computer.

#122 08-07-2014 
I'm also very glad they've finally given us a more in-depth explanation of why there won't be toddlers and pools - but I really, really wish they had done this right from the start. Dodgy It bugs my socks off that the the Sims community had to rise up in arms (with certain blogs fanning the flames with petrol) before EA/the SimGurus could be bothered to explain to their customer base what's going on and why. But that's EA for you. Customer relations aren't exactly their strong suit.

Re CAS, I don't think scaling back CAS so the Sims look the same there as in game is bad, either. To me, there's no point in having gorgeous CAS Sims if they look all blah in game. IMO it's better - and more honest - to downgrade CAS so that it gives you an actual representation of what you'll be playing with out in the world (even if, like fansee said, it would have been even better if they could have upgraded the game instead, but yeah. Performance).

#123 08-07-2014 
Yup, that new avatar is heading into pudding land.

#124 08-07-2014 
There’s so much more depth in The Sims 4. For the first time, the Sims act like real people. They can interact with groups, not just one-to-one. A standing Sim can talk with a sitting Sim.

They do this in sims 2!

#125 08-07-2014 
Tiff, yeah, that's what I thought too when I read that. And when they said that "Sims can multitask! They can talk to another Sim while eating!" This is new... how?

I'm starting to think that these people either have never played TS2 themselves or assume nobody does any longer (and thus has forgotten everything about it), and that's why they keep claiming all these things we already have in TS2 are OMG brand new and revolutionary. Dodgy

#126 08-07-2014 
Wellll, I have been playing ts2 recently, and I must admit that the thing that I noticed is that you have to run interaction X, then Y, then Z. That makes sense a lot of the time but sometimes its just annoying. Usually on community lots.

For example, I want my sim to be sitting drinking the coffee they just bought from the NPC behind the counter and when a buddy enters the lot to be able to wave hi instead of abandoning their coffee, trekking across the lot and then saying hi. If they can wave hi and that greeted sim comes and joins them... That is what I want. Things like that.

#127 08-07-2014 
Lee, I agree, but my point was that they're saying that all of these TS4 things are all new and amazing and nobody has seen them before, when in fact they aren't new and we have seen them before. Do I hope that they've developed/expanded them? Yes. But I don't think that a Sim talking to another Sim should be pushed as something we've never seen in any of the other games.

#128 08-07-2014 
@NixNivis - absolutely agree with that - this stuff isnt new - it might be improved, but not new. I sometimes wonder if the reason EA pulled TS2 from the store and basically tried to ignore its very existence is BECAUSE so many people were saying "but we already have that in Sims2..."

#129 08-07-2014 
Lee, I think you're onto something there. It's like they've (finally) realised that TS2 was a good game - not perfect by any means, but good - and that's why they're trying so hard to wipe it off the face of the Earth (so to speak). Because if a game is too good, people might not be motivated to move on to the next one (QED), and that doesn't earn EA any money. Tongue

For me, if they'd said that "we've taken all these interactions from TS2 and TS3 and made them this much better and intuitive and funny and awesomesauce", I'd probably have gone "yay, sounds great!" But this way, when they're pretending like Sims walking and talking is something new and revolutionary and we've never seen anything like it, it just p*sses me off. I don't like being treated like an idiot, ya know?
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2014 01:26 PM by NixNivis.)

#130 08-07-2014 
System Specs for the CAS Demo are out!

http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/pos...mguruhydra

One interesting bit is "HARD DRIVE: At least 1.2 GB of free space with at least 0.5 GB additional space for custom content and saved games " - does that mean we can actually save the sims (and custom content?!) to our hard drive with the CAS Demo? I sure hope so. So far from what the simGurus have said it really sounds like saving will be an online-only thing, which I hate. With Sims 2 I had like 6 sims made in the Bodyshop Demo before I got the full game. I so want to do the same with Sims 4, but am not eager to upload my first test sims just so I can save them.

Also interesting that you'll need an Origin account. I have zero experience with Origin. Is Origin okay? Is it a bad thing? Plz inform. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option