Sims4 rants and raves
#151 11-08-2014 
Personally found sitting down feeding my baby far easier than doing it standing up!

#152 12-08-2014 
Pretend breastfeeding no doubt. Who wants to bet that baby is not being breast fed under those pixels. meaning not being held face towards the breast, but face up towards the ceiling like in sims 2 when you remove the pixels. The whole stand up and feed by breast or bottle is weird from all games. Not that you can't, but who would choose to do that all the time.

#153 13-08-2014 
Rant: I went to Origin to download the CAS demo - and saw that Sims 4 is going to cost 699 SEK. That's over $100! Angry Thank you, but no thank you.

#154 13-08-2014 
Oooh have you all seen the breastfeeding in this new vid? So cute. Huh

#155 15-08-2014 
Thank you for sharing that video link as it totally reinforced my decision to wait or pass. Confused Smarter routing by walking through each other, outlines on everything and bi-polar sims that interact like TS3 sims, bleh. Will wait to hear from the players and see from the EPs if this game becomes interesting--looking forward to seeing what they do with Generations.

#156 04-09-2014 
  • Registered
Wouldn't recommend anyone to get the base game now. Its a HUGE disappointment so far. I loved the open world in TS3 and found it difficult to adjust to loading screen in TS2 after that; its one of the issues I have with the game but its more of a personal preference I guess. There are a lot of glitches in the game, I haven't gotten around to patching it so maybe that will improve the experience a bit. Maybe its just me but all the previous games felt easy to play; I remember when 1 was released we just had one computer in the house that belonged to my sister. As a child I used to beg to her to let me play and don't remember having to learn much within the game. The next two games felt user intuitive too but this one doesn't feel as intuitive as the others. Needs take up a whole lot more screen space than is necessary. Same with skills, career etc. For a minute I was confused where the buy mode is and couldn't find an option to turn tips off. Again, it might just be me. Love the multitasking; makes the game so much more realistic and have been my favourite moments so far.

Features wise, the game has been dumbed down a lot. No dishwasher or trash compactor, I couldn't believe it and thought my eyes were deceiving me lol. I can do without pools (never made much use of them) and toddlers (found them annoying) but this crosses the limit. Not many options for clothes; you can't shop for clothes either Sad Lots of other things that are missing. Feel ambivalent about emotions. What I do like so far is CAS and the ability to sort clothes. At the moment, it feels like EA has taken 5 steps backward and 1 forward.

This is based on a hour or so of game play. Its possible that my opinions might change once I have had the chance to explore it properly and delve deeply into the game. If anyone knows of a software that could record my screen while playing it then I would be happy to do that and provide you guys with a detailed insight of the game. Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 01:54 AM by shadowpenn.)

#157 18-09-2014 
[Image: 1604627_10201771793575162_37611328832614...2481e26b29]

#158 30-09-2014 
Excellent discussion over on the official forums : http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussi...t_12774388 Starting at page 21 as that is when SimGuruLyndsay appears.

The posts of some of these simmers trying to tell what they want are worth the read. I think we all sense that TS4 is trying to capture that awww of TS2 - but failing. Like most of us, they cant say what one thing it is that makes TS2 the fun to play it is. Sad

Not saying that TS4 is crap; I think it has its points, but if truth be told I don't think I can be bothered to learn how the game works, and that isn't the game, its me. Getting old I guess Tongue

#159 01-10-2014 
(30-09-2014 11:37 PM)leefish Wrote:  I don't think I can be bothered to learn how the game works, and that isn't the game, its me. Getting old I guess Tongue

Oh my! Same thing for me, concerning build mode! In one week: playing Sims 2, then Sims 3, then Sims 2 again, then... Sims 4! And I forgot how the build mode works even if I played with it the previous week... Oh my, am I getting old as well? lol Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option