Sims4 rants and raves
#11 29-05-2014 
Yup - totally agree on the sims - looking very very pudding in the video. Not impressed there at all. And the town is GLOWING FFS. Turn down the bloom EA.

#12 29-05-2014 
Yeah the glowing was indeed strange.

#13 29-05-2014 
Maybe those are just "Face Template 1" sims, just thrown together quickly to do whatever was desired in the build mode video and weren't expected for people to care about the facial features or uniqueness since the video wasn't a focus on CAS but rather the build mode features?

I never really noticed my sims lost any uniqueness when leaving CAS. Can you elaborate on what happens? cause I never understood it.

I saw a few still captures (I believe from Honeywell's tumblr) with the build mode/buy mode menus. I noticed they had selectable roof pieces with differing chimney caps (Meaning no more same fireplaces spawning out of every fireplace) I also noticed slightly matching windows. I am happy about those two things because finally I can make unique fireplaces and I can build a home that looks good and not need a ton of CC. The only thing I didn't like is the cluttery looking menus. I didn't like the Build mode menu in TS3 and TS4's Build/Buy just makes me cringe because it looks too cluttered and I just hope they have a by type of item in there too.

I am still gonna be phlegmatic though. It's coming along nicely, I must admit.

#14 29-05-2014 
Ok, I just now watched the build mode video. Was making excited noises, Bay said "Let me guess, now you really want that?" lol Tongue

#15 29-05-2014 
@levini - Specifically - Bella and Mortimer. Those are the iconic sims they were showing off in CAS, and in the video (try watching Honeywell's slowed down vid without annoying EAYay) look carefully at Bella. All the detail and shading on her face is gone and she is looking a lot like a TS3 Sim that has been exposed to the sunlight - a pudding.

And the worst of it is is that they were inside. So it looks like TS4 may be delivering some consistency regarding Sim appearance in game - are gonna look like pudding inside AND outside.

#16 29-05-2014 
I follow Honeywell's blog religiously. Smile But I'm not a builder, so build stuff doesn't really excite me, sorry. I'm more interested in what the Sims look like and how they act - and scared to death that they will turn out to be as pudding-faced outside of CAS as the TS3 ones. The Sims were the main reason I didn't buy TS3, at least in the beginning. So if the TS4 Sims are pudding-faced as well... then no TS4 for me.

#17 29-05-2014 
@leefish - I see now what you mean. at first I didn't understand what was meant by that. Did something happen with the morphing tool/sliders that mess them up or what is it.

#18 29-05-2014 
It's typical EA. TS3 and TSM had it too. Sims looked great in CAS because all the power of the engine was directed at generating the sim. Then into the hood and all the detail was lost and made even worse by the outside lighting. You see pictures of TS3 sims looking great outside? They either aren't outside but in massive lots with the walls down, or the picture is shopped to hell and back.

#19 29-05-2014 
of course! I never took notice of the issue then. My sims looked good to me no matter how EA screws them up Smile

#20 29-05-2014 
Bleh,am i the only one who feel that build mode is too much like sims 1?
I don't know,something is bugging me,it doesn't feel right.And yeah pudding overload especially blonde girl in blue dress
Also EA cranked saturation slider to the max again?
window glass opaque,wut?
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 05:40 PM by Oeselian.)

Sorry, that is a members only option