Sims4 rants and raves
#31 31-05-2014 
Thanks. I don't play sims 3 very often, but no bloom sounds good.

#32 31-05-2014 
(31-05-2014 01:32 AM)joandsarah Wrote:  
Quote:TS3 had a ridiculous bloom (that I am glad was easily removed) that made it hard to work with building.

Is that why I find it hard to see to build anything in TS3? Apart from my bad eyesight that is. And what do you mean by, you can remove the bloom? I thought that was how the game was.
I had the same problem Jo and didn't know you could remove that either!
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#33 31-05-2014 
TS4 Rant - PRE-ORDER NIGHTMARE: I had to cancel my pre-order. Stupid EA. I just cancelled my pre-order because I can't access my Japanese Origin account. EA reads my IP address and redirects me to the US Origin. Then when I went to cancel, the first time I was pretty much called a liar when I told the guy that my receipt was on my computer and that I had to leave my box in Japan and only had my hard drive with me so I couldn't access it. I gave him my email, my username, and my credit card and he kept saying, "this doesn't exist. If you really placed an order we'd have a record of it, so you couldn't have placed the order." Then he said I was lying about the email, because according to the super-genius "You should be able to access your email regardless of what computer you are on." I lost my temper then and called him an idiot and stupid end user that didn't belong in tech support if his only understanding of email is his google account.... then I apologized. Still that first call ended in being told if there were a charge... I'll be charged in Japan and since they can't find my account... I'll only know after I'm charged.

I bought a SATA/USB converter, plugged in my HDD to my laptop, got my receipt, and called again today. Again I was told that my pre-order didn't exist. I was required to upload screenshots as proof of my email. I never pre-ordered before so I honestly had no clue what a pre-order receipt looked like other than mine. Once they got the screenshots of my receipt, the guy was like "hmm... your receipt looks valid. I wonder if they entered this in our old system" sure enough, in Japan EA uses a different system which apparently the US no longer uses. And my pre-order would only have been found only at the time to charge me when I'm no longer allowed to access my account.

Then I found out that there was a risk of me losing my pre-order perks (i.e., the CD, life of the party, and one more item) because each country gets unique perks. So I made them note on my account that I wanted the Japanese perks and not the US perks regardless of having to use a different credit card for my pre-order. And the guy told me to call again (joy) after my US pre-order goes through. When I asked him why EA can't manage international accounts he replied, "yeah, I always get this complaint."... what?! Always and and still nothing is done about it?! Needless to say, I'm super annoyed right now and tempted not to reorder here in the states.

Origin sucks. EA sucks. How in the world can a company that made a game as awesome as the Sims fail so hard at the basic aspects of running a business (i.e., keeping track of the orders?!)

#34 31-05-2014 
@nanashi - I heard that if you had ordered the CD version in the first wave before that option had been removed (and that because it was not available) you should get Sims4 for free. If that is so then the pre-order should have been transferred, not cancelled.

I would be calling back...

#35 31-05-2014 
LOL free? Where did you hear that? That does not sound like EA at all.

#36 31-05-2014 
Wow, so glad I am not pre-ordering. I wonder what they do with Aussie orders? Probably tie them to a kangaroo and set them loose on the Nullarbor.

#37 31-05-2014 
(31-05-2014 10:55 PM)leefish Wrote:  @nanashi - I heard that if you had ordered the CD version in the first wave before that option had been removed (and that because it was not available) you should get Sims4 for free. If that is so then the pre-order should have been transferred, not cancelled.

I would be calling back...

I ordered the Origin download version, the CD is a pre-order bonus CD with music. The guy said that EA will most likely honour my pre-order bonuses because he noted it on my account and I was supposed to already have them before I moved. I can only hope that when I call back I won't be called a liar again... to add salt to the injury of locking me out of my Japanese account!

#38 03-06-2014 
I am trying my best not to type in caps here, but I really want to shout Big Grin I just found out that some of the pre-sales marketing sims are going to be in the game. This is so awesome that it is beyond awesome; it's like awesomer, which isn't even a word except for in this case because nothing except for this news has ever gone above it before.

*joy* is it okay to do the happy shuffle choose my simblr avatar please voodoo dance across this thread now? *joy*

#39 03-06-2014 
nanashi, when I read that I was so happy for you when I read that post from Graham! Heart I hope all of the Sims you want get added to the game.

Thank you and everyone for the nice posts. I was equal parts flattered and embarrassed when I read them. Big Grin @fansee It's also true about the free games. Origin has gone digital only and anyone who pre-ordered a disk copy of the game is going to get the digital version for free. They're really pushing the digital thing hard.

#40 03-06-2014 
My rave would be: the build mode!! As a builder, not a player.. *sigh*
My rant would be: until someone who actually gets a CD decides to get rid of it, this is one game I'll never own. Sad Digital only? No thank you. And the price isn't within my range at all.

edit: Or have I read that wrong and nobody will be getting a CD version at all?
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 08:18 PM by mustluvcatz.)

Sorry, that is a members only option