Very disappointed
#32 06-06-2014 
@leefish $2?! Wow! Thanks! Big Grin

So if I'm looking to buy used, what am I looking for? Just no scratches and the manual with the registration code included? Because if I know what to look for used, I could probably get all of the disks I need for a song...

#33 06-06-2014 
Yup, just that the disk is in good condition and the manual. And erm, if you have one without the registration code, we can lend you a code. Ahem.

Also - watch out for mad shipping costs on EBay.
Found these:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/SIMS-2-4-X-LOT-/2...a99&_uhb=1

Seasons, OFB, Deluxe and H&M stuff for 17.50 EURO. In Holland. I could go pick them up and post them. Basically, they are on sale a lot on EBay, but you want to get them from private sellers.

http://www.ebay.nl/sch/i.html?_odkw=DIE+...2&_sacat=0

#34 06-06-2014 
Wow $2, I'm going to buy a bundle to have a set for my daughter/second set and thought $60 for the lot was good.

#35 06-06-2014 
@leefish One of my LJ friends is offering me the (4 disk) base game, NL, Uni, Celebration Stuff, and H&M for the cost of shipping within the US, which seems like a good deal to me. Does it matter if I have the 4 disk base game or the DVD one? They work the same, right?

It also looks like I can get most of the EPs and SPs for about $10 each from Amazon if I buy used. (Some of them cost less, but charge shipping, some of them cost about $10, but have free shipping.) I could probably get some of the more expensive ones for less on eBay, too -- you've shown me just how ridiculously cheap they get! -- so you don't need to go to the expense and bother of shipping internationally. But thank you so much for the offer! Big Grin *BIG HUG*

You still have to register your game, even though the exchange is down? Weird.

@shastakiss What antivirus do you use on your Boot Camp side? I know that some PC antiviruses eat babies. (Jo has had that problem.)

@joandsarah What antivirus do you have that eats babies? I want to avoid that one!

#36 06-06-2014 
Esme, that is a great deal from the friend - go for that. The ONLY issue with the 4 cd set is that you may have to install out of sequence because of the need to update the base game; some people have no issues, for some its a nightmare. But definitely try it.

#37 06-06-2014 
i have the 4 disc base game, hoping that when i come to reinstall on a new pc it doesn't give me a problem.
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#38 06-06-2014 
I have the 4 disc* base game as well, and on my old Win XP computer I had to reinstall it a couple of times, without any issues whatsoever. Also didn't have any issues installing it on my new Win 7 machine, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Smile

*Kind of; nowadays the first disc is an iso, since the physical disc is cracked - but since it's an iso of a game I own and I'm using my own bought-and-paid-for-thank-you-very-much serial number, I'm not feeling the least bit guilty about the fact that I got it from a friend. Angel

#39 06-06-2014 
I have that too Nix - the physical disc 1 cracked. its because it got used so much I guess.

#40 07-06-2014 
I just use the Microsoft Security Essentials, it's free. Just remember to uncheck the goofy toolbar it asks if you want to install, I can't stand those things Wink

Sorry, that is a members only option