Very disappointed
#41 07-06-2014 
Luckily the antibirus that eats babies is no more. That was Micro trends Spyware DR. I now use Bullgard and although I did have to place an old game into it's exceptions and did the same for sims 2-just in case, it's been a much more resource efficient antivirus/malware detector, with no eating of babies. I'm fairly sure the other person on LJ who had the baby problem was using a different antivirus to me though. I'm sure I have an LJ tag on that whole business, so we could check her old posts on the topic.

#42 07-06-2014 
@leefishh Thank you for the explanation! I have taken the deal with my LJ friend.

@shastakiss, @joandsarah Thank you for the antivirus recommendations!

@everyone Thank you for the support! I no longer feel even a teeny bit disappointed (except maybe about losing some time I could have been playing the game), and I'm looking forward to getting everything up and running eventually. I think I'll make a new thread when I need advice and support on installing the new stuff, rather than staying in a disappointed one. You guys are the BESTEST.

#43 07-06-2014 
Well I can close this thread and then we can all wait for the new things arriving and you can do a new thread.

I am really glad that it is all turning out ok.

Sorry, that is a members only option