Turning to the Dark Side
#11 11-06-2014 
TS3 has those things too... Wink Should say we have good apartments and owned businesses, and non-pudding sims Tongue

#12 11-06-2014 
Yea, but this is Esme on a PC instead of a Mac; TS3 supports Mac out of the box (TS4 not - I wonder why not?) so its not related to TS3 Big Grin

#13 11-06-2014 
Oh I see, I didn't get that part for some reason, lol. So the dark side is PC.

#14 11-06-2014 
Smile These aren't programs but they are some of my must-have mods:

goggalor's shiftables
threadandsandpaper's sweet down low
speigelsplitter's m&g fixes
ALL OF LUNIE'S EVERYTHING EVER but especially the IKEA add-ons and fixes
revolvertrooper's gearhead windows zCEP fix
menaceman44 has several later ep mods but I especially like the bg canister ceiling light fix
LordDarcy's section has a lot of later ep fixes too

And a certain fish has shared some must-have (!) build set add-ons for al and m&g Wink

#15 11-06-2014 
(11-06-2014 03:46 PM)shastakiss Wrote:  Smile These aren't programs but they are some of my must-have mods:
ALL OF LUNIE'S EVERYTHING EVER but especially the IKEA add-ons and fixes

yes yes yes Big Grin

#16 11-06-2014 
(11-06-2014 03:33 PM)justJones Wrote:  Oh I see, I didn't get that part for some reason, lol. So the dark side is PC.

Yeah I never knew PCs were the dark side either. I have always used PCs. It's starting to all make sense.....

* fanseelamb madly clicks on all the shasta recs she didn't already have

ETA: Wait wait are we recommending must-have-mods now? 'Cause if were are: cyjon's mods; hafi's slots; gwenke's slots; numenor's mods
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 05:35 PM by fanseelamb.)

#17 11-06-2014 
Dont forget the maty mods - notownieregen, crumplefix and nounlinkondelete tombstone thing.

#18 11-06-2014 
* levini noms two cookies and hides the rest

We also have Ceilings, Walk in Closets, and curly fries. Well... Curly stairs, not fries (I ate those)

Also thanks for bloating my DL folder more guys!
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 08:44 PM by levini.)

#19 11-06-2014 
@leefish The MATY Director's Cut (well, large parts of it -- I don't care for yellowpee, f'rinstance) is one of the first things I will install!

@shastakiss Lord Darcy will have a place of honor in my "Fixes" subfolder, along with Aragon and TwoJeffs and Cyjon. Seriously, they make the game so much more playable!

@fanseelamb Yes, PCs are the Dark Side. But they have cookies and curly fries, so maybe it won't be so bad. Smile

@levini I have cc ceilings and I can fake walk-in closets on a Mac, but curly fries are not an everyday occurrence! Tongue

Does anyone know if those two hacks I linked to in my first post are safe? Coz I can tell you right now that the LTA meter is gonna get real old real fast...

#20 12-06-2014 
I use several of Rufio's mods, including the two you mentioned (Rufio is his username on MATY, which is where I originally found him). I also run the full game of everything except for the Holiday stuff packs. They've never given me any issues, and if they were Really Bad Things, I would assume he wouldn't keep a MATY thread for his updates. Tongue

For screenshots in Win7, one thing you'll want to do is either not use an Aero theme, or if you do, then navigate to the game .exe you launch from, right click it and select Properties, select the Compatibility tab, then tick the box that says Disable desktop composition. Do this for any full screen game or application you want to take screenshots in, or else you may end up with a screenie of your desktop instead! I used the program Gadwin Print Screen with Windows 7, though I ended up switching to FRAPs when I got my Windows 8 computer because at the time FRAPs was compatible and Gadwin wasn't. For both, I used the free versions.

I don't have it now (my husband has a Microsoft Office license) but I have used OpenOffice in the past. Although, I was running Windows XP when I had it. Honestly, most of the time I just use my Google Drive when I want to type out word-style documents, though.

I use the Photoshop CS2 linked earlier in this thread, and my husband runs GIMP. I additionally use Paint.NET when I want a program that is lighter and loads faster than Photoshop for simpler changes. We have collectively used all three programs on Windows 7 and 8 computers.

Sorry, that is a members only option