Turning to the Dark Side
#21 12-06-2014 
We have a differing of opinion with Rufio, as to whether his mod causes the Super Duper Hug or not. Our test showed it did, but he said his tests showed it didn't. People should always have a preventative fix in place for this anyway, such as BO's No Sim Loaded mod. It's all too easy to get it in a lot. If you have never heard of it, it's something buried in the game that modders use to make social mods and it should not show up in the game, if it does you can suppress the action with a fix, but any lot you share will also carry it. Very stubborn EA coding.

#22 12-06-2014 
I don't have much to add on the mod front that others haven't said already, but re other programs I use OpenOffice both on my Win 7 desktop and my Win 8 netbook, and it works like a charm on both. Smile I lurve OpenOffice!

#23 12-06-2014 
@Tamha Thank you for the advice and feedback! I don't want to accidentally take pictures of the desktop, so I will set things up as you describe.

The mods of Rufio's that I'm looking at don't affect the pie menu at all, I don't think, so they are probably Hug free, but I always have No Sim Loaded in now. I believe it was pulling the in-laws mod that made the Hug show up in my game. (I tested for Jo when she was having the problem with her lots.)

@everyone My copy of the 4-disc base game has arrived, and I hope (fingers crossed!) to get my Windows 7 disc tonight. Any advice for getting the game to install on Windows 7?

#24 12-06-2014 
I just installed. I don't know if a window partition works differently. Hope it all goes smoothly Esme.

#25 12-06-2014 
Same as Jo, I just installed and everything went fine. I did install them all in order, I remember reading somewhere that win7 likes that, but I might be making things up Tongue

#26 12-06-2014 
Thirded. When I installed on my Win 7 machine, I just installed it and I had no problems. I did do everything in order, but that's mostly because I've always done it that way and I'm a creature of habit. Do make sure you run it as an administrator, though.

#27 12-06-2014 
You don't have to run as admin. I run TS2 just fine without having to kick it to life in Admin mode.

Also, You can never go wrong with having Clean and Empty hood templates. Well IMO, cause I hate the townies and the fambly bin families.

#28 12-06-2014 
Run it as admin; if you go with an AGS you will have to anyway, so get in the habit of it.

#29 12-06-2014 
Oh, I forgot to mention before that I don't install to the default Program Files location for, well, any game. This is a really easy way to avoid UAC issues that Windows 7 and 8 can have. Something simple like "C:/Games/EA Games" is sufficient if you decide to do this. (Or, if you have partitions/secondary HDD's, you can put them on the secondary drive as well, which in my case at least is always larger for storage of anything non-Windows. Tongue )

#30 12-06-2014 
@Tamha - Interesting. What type of UAC issues do you avoid by installing in a non-default location? Would that help at all with the trouble people seem to have installing TS2 on Windows 8?

Sorry, that is a members only option